Chapter 8: I miss you.

The following week, Sykkuno made it his job to plan as many streams as he could with his friends.

Corpse being in every one.

Today he had a stream planned for golf, with Corpse, Rae, Toast, and Tina.

Sykkuno was super excited, because he hadn't played or even talked to Tina in a while, and of course, was excited for Corpse to be there.

He got all ready to start the stream. It was supposed to start in about 20 minutes.

He messaged all his friends in discord asking if they were ready to play.

"Hey guys! Ready to play?" Sykkuno sent.

"Almost!" Rae replied.

"Getting set-up right now! ^-^" Tina said.

"You bet." Toast replied as well.

Hm. That's odd. No reply from Corpse. Maybe he's just busy setting up. Sykkuno thought.

He continued getting ready to start the stream and set up, and as he did this he kept checking the discord chat to see if Corpse had replied.

10 minutes go by, still no response.

Sykkuno was only a little worried. It's not strange for someone to take a little over 10 minutes to respond.

Another 10 minutes go by and Sykkuno is sitting at his computer, getting ready to start the stream.

He checks his phone one last time, seeing no response, and hops in the discord call.

"TOAST NO, I'M THE SMART ONE IN THE GROUP" screams Tina.

"Guys stop, wait."

"What's up Sykkuno," Toast begins.

"Corpse isn't answering and I'm kind of worried."

"I'm sure he's fine Sykkuno, he's probably just sleeping." Assures Rae.

They try to calm him down and everyone tries to call and text Corpse. Everyone was confused why Sykkuno was freaking out so much, they just assumed Corpse was late for the stream and busy getting set up. But no one understood what Corpse meant to him now. And with what Sykkuno knew about Corpses struggles, he wasn't sure if he was okay or not.

They decide to cancel the stream, and they spend the next 20 minutes trying to calm Sykkuno down before Sykkuno leaves the call, and spends the next hour pacing around his apartment, worry filling every ounce of his body.

It isn't like Corpse to miss a stream unannounced, let alone not answer his calls or texts.

Sykkuno was willing away the knot that had formed in his stomach, but to no avail did it actually go away.

Sykkuno decided to try and call Corpse a few times more, once, twice, and-

"Hey," A deep, tired voice came through after the fifth ring.

"Corpse? Are you okay?" Sykkuno didn't even attempt to hide the worry in his voice. He quickly went to his couch and sat, moving his hand that wasn't holding his phone, to his mouth where he anxiously chewed away at his nails.

"Uh, yea, I'm alright," Pause. "Well- okay fuck. I don't know. I think?" Corpse responded, still sounding as though he just woke up.

"What happened? Do you need me to come over?" Sykkuno rushed out.

"No, no it's okay. I just, I woke up a few hours ago, and, and I couldn't move either of my arms, they just felt numb, and tingly, and I couldn't even take my medicine or move them enough to answer the calls, and so I just went back to sleep, it was all I could do, and I hoped when I woke up it would be gone," A deep inhale and exhale was heard through the other line before he continued. "And, I think it's gone? I can move them enough at least." Corpse spoke in an obviously exhausted voice.