Chapter 5: Never be Alone

"Do you wanna go for a drive?"

Sykkuno softly nodded, head still in Corpses lap, and Corpse lightly tapped his arm, signaling him to get up.

He gets up slowly, into a sitting position, and looks at Corpse who is now standing up staring at sykkuno with a worried look on his face. Sykkuno still had tears coming down his face, but at a slower pace than before.

Corpse reached out a hand, giving him a small smile, and Sykkuno grabbed his hand shyly, and stood up.

They didn't break their grasp until they got all the way to the car, where Corpse opened the door for Sykkuno, and he muttered a small "Thank you" and got in. 

Corpse got in on the drivers side, and started up the car.

"What do you wanna listen to? Something up-beat or more the vibe right now?" Corpse asked with a smile at the end, looking over at Sykkuno who was curled up in his seat, knees up.

"Um, w-whatever you want." Sykkuno answered, and met his eyes for a second before looking forward out the front window. Corpses smile faded, remembering the situation in full.

"The vibe it is." Corpse said, and plugged the aux into his phone and played one of his more down playlists.

The drive was silent, exception to the music, and it was now fully dark out, making the drive have a more intimate, enclosing feel.

They drove for a few minutes, and every now and then Corpse could hear a sniffle from the passenger seat. He didn't say anything to the boy curled up and looking out the side window, until he heard a tiny sob, and he reached out a hand, and grabbed Sykkunos, and they held hands, no words spoken, and Corpse started making back and forth motions with his thumb.

After a while of driving, hands still molded together, Sykkuno was thinking that there was no place in particular they were going.

That is until they turned onto a dirt road, and that's when Sykkuno picked up that there might be a destination.

"Corpse?"

"Mhm?" Corpse murmured back.

"Uh, where exactly are we going?" Sykkuno asked.

"It's a surprise." Corpse responded, looking over at Sykkuno as the corner of his mouth turned up.

"Oh, okay" Sykkuno's sad sounding response made Corpse hope the drive went quicker.

They drove on the bumpy dirt road, completely surrounded by trees, until they started going upwards, and there was Sykkuno, confused. 

They drove up this hill for what seemed to be about 10 minutes, meaning the drive together had been about 20 minutes, until they reached the top of the mountain they had been driving up.

Corpse shifted the car into park, and turned off the engine, leaving them in complete silence.

Corpse released his grasp of Sykkuno's hand and unbuckled, then getting out of the car and going to the other side to open the door for Sykkuno.

Sykkuno got out, and asked, "Where are we?" his voice cracking on the last word, not used to so little words compared to talking for hours on stream.

"Come here." Corpse walked ahead to the edge of the mountain, signaling Sykkuno who hadn't moved an inch, to come over with his hand.

Sykkuno walked forward to where Corpse was standing, and looked out, off the edge of the cliff.

"Woah." Sykkuno gasped.

Down below and in the distance, were tons of lights from the city below, all standing out brightly but small against the black of night.

"Yea, woah," Corpse takes a deep breath in, feeling his lungs expand, as he breathes in the higher altitude air.