Chapter 7: Okay.

They sit and stare at the sunrise in silence, taking in the beautiful shades of orange that are fading as the sun gets higher into the sky.

Corpse looks down at Sykkuno who is still laying his head on his shoulder, and he smiles, feeling content for once, but then the burning in his chest gives off a sharp pain, and he holds in a wince.

Fuck. He forgot to take his medicine.

"Hey Sykkuno, I think we should get going soon," He breaks the silence, "You need sleep, and I have a stream later today."

"Okay." Sykkuno says back in a sigh, not wanting to leave this peace they've temporarily found together.

Sykkuno moves his head from Corpses shoulder, and Corpse stands up and holds out his hand out to Sykkuno.

Sykkuno grabs his hand and gets up, then pulling his hand from Corpses, and wiping the back of his sweatpants in attempt to get rid of dirt.

They walk to the car and Corpse opens the passenger door for Sykkuno and he gets in. Corpse then walks around the front of the car to the drivers side, and gets in as well.

Corpse starts the car, and they begin their way back to Sykkunos house.

"How're you feeling?" Corpse asks, looking over to Sykkuno who was once again looking out the passenger window.

Sykkuno looks over to Corpse who shifts his gaze back and forth to him and the road, "I'm feeling better. I think I need some more sleep, but," He sighs, "I really appreciate everything you've done. I don't think I would have been feeling this much better if you hadn't came."

"I'm glad you're feeling better, and i'm always one phone call away okay? Whenever you're feeling down just give me a call and I can sit and talk with you or I can come on over, no problem."

"Thank you Corpse."

Corpse reaches out and grabs Sykkuno's hand and Sykkuno hold his hand in return.

"Did you manage to get any sleep last night?" Sykkuno asks Corpse.

"Uh- yea. I got a couple hours." Corpse lies.

"You sure?" Sykkuno asks, not believing him.

Sykkuno couldn't really tell if he had or not because not sleeping is normal for Corpse, so there's not really a big difference when he hasn't slept.

"Yea, don't worry about me Sykkuno, I got some sleep." Corpse ends the discussion.

Sykkuno looks back out the window, hand still in Corpses.

Corpse gives his hand a squeeze, and their hands remain there, grasped together on Sykkuno's lap for the remainder of the car ride.
-
They make it back to Sykkuno's house in about twenty minutes.

The pair goes up the stairs and into the small, but nice apartment, and they look at each other as if they're saying, 'Well, what now'.

Corpse breaks the small tension and says, "Do you have a bathroom I can use?"

"Uh- yea, it's down the hall and to the right." Sykkuno says with a small awkward smile.

"Thanks." Corpse says, and makes his way to the bathroom, backpack on his back.

Once in the bathroom, Corpse closes the door and locks it, and takes out his medicine from his backpack, all 5 bottles, and takes each of the pills out in there prescribed dosages.

He then swallows them dry, and puts them away, flushing the toilet, and heading out of the small,
clean bathroom.

He spots Sykkuno very awkwardly standing in the same position he was when Corpse left, and as he walks over to him he says, "Hey, I think I should get going, I've got that stream in a few hours."

He stops right in front of Sykkuno.

"Yea, of course."

They look at each other for a few seconds, direct eye contact, neither knowing what to say. God this is as awkward as the first time they met, why are goodbyes so awkward?

Then Sykkunos face gets serious, and he steps closer to Corpse. He wraps his arms around Corpse and says, "Thank you again, for everything. I really appreciate it."

Corpses hand goes to the back of Sykkunos head, and his other hand wraps around Sykkunos back. "Of course, like I said, anytime you feel you could use a friend, for anything, a hug, a cry, a laugh, call me. Okay?"

"Okay."

And with that, Sykkuno pulled away, and Corpse left, driving home with again, no music to distract him from his thoughts. But he found his thoughts less horrid than usual, was it because Sykkuno was filling up most of them?

Corpse really needed to figure this shit out.