Chapter 4: Take It All Away

Corpse waited for about 5 minutes, on the couch before he heard a creaky door, and he immediately turned his upper body around, and looked over towards the sound.

There was Sykkuno, coming out from his room, wearing the hoodie corpse lent him, and a pair of dark muted-green sweatpants. Corpse took in the appearance of his friend, noticing how big the hoodie looked on him, and how small it made him appear, and then finally lifted his eyes to Sykkunos, and there it was, still ever-present in his eyes, a deep sadness, that corpse still didn't know the cause of.

Sykkuno immediately returned his eyes to the floor, and shuffled his way over to the couch where corpse was sitting.

Sykkuno sat to the left of Corpse, a good 10 inches away, and brought his knees up to his chest, wrapping his arms around them.

Corpse could hear sniffles every few seconds, and reached out a hand to Sykkuno's tilted down chin, and gently turned his friends head up and to be facing him. Corpse looked into Sykkuno's watery eyes, but he wouldn't meet Corpses gaze, still keeping his eyes down, where he had been looking for most of the time Corpse had been here.

"Hey, can you look at me please?" Corpse said softly.

Sykkuno slowly shifted his gaze up to meet Corpses, and as he did a tear slid down his face, which only made Corpse feel more defeated. Seeing his normally happy and joking friend like this absolutely crushed him.

He removed his hand from Sykkuno's face now that they had finally made eye contact, and Corpse spoke in the same soft tone he had been using the whole time.

"What happened Syk, you can talk to me i'm here....i'm here." He softened his voice even more than it already was on the last two words.

Sykkunos mouth opened to speak, eyes filling with more tears, and then closed again. Seeing how hard of a time Sykkuno was having at getting his words out, he reached out and grabbed Sykkuno's hand, gently wrapping his other free hand around it, completely enclosing Sykkuno's trembling hand in his own shaky-as-always hands.

This was only the second time they had met in person, so Corpse hadn't gotten comfortable with being around him all that much yet. So not only was he worried and sad to see his friend this way, he was anxious himself, feeling his desire to be at home in his dark room, where he hid all the time, being an annoying voice in the back of his mind.

Sykkuno then started coming completely undone infront of Corpse, his breathing picking up, the tears flowing, and the words spewing out, like an erupting volcano, no longer able to hold it all inside.

"I'm so sorry, I, I haven't at all been a good friend, I completely abandoned all of you guys, and, and, I, I didn't even realize," Sharp intake of breath, "And, and, Among us is over, and it, it was s-such a big, a, a big part of everything, it's h-how I met you, and tons of my other friends, and, and I'm n-not ready for it to be, to be over yet, and I'm, I'm worried everyone is going to stop t-talking to each other, and that none of the friendships we made through it are going to last, a-and I just feel homesick in a way, like this isn't where i'm supposed to be in my career, it doesn't feel right, and, and, I," A sob ripped through Sykkuno, and Corpse just sat there, rubbing his thumb back in forth on Sykkuno's hand, listening with his full attention, and when Sykkuno's stutter and repeating of words got to much to form anymore comprehend-able sentences, Corpse pulled his hands from their protective grasp on Sykkuno's and he opened his arms, signaling for Sykkuno to move in closer so he could comfort him better, and try to calm him down.

Sykkunos body wouldn't move the way he wanted to,  too exhausted for his brain to be in sync with his body, so he just kind of toppled down into Corpse, leaving his upper body laying sideways onto his friends lap, and Corpse immediately moved one of his hands to mimic what he did earlier, rubbing slow, firm circles onto Sykkuno's back.

"Sykkuno," Corpse began to speak, as his friend lay there sobbing into his own sleeves, which were technically Corpses sleeves, "You have absolutely nothing, to apologize for. We all have moved onto our own things, but that doesn't mean we won't be friends anymore." Corpse said these words as calm and soothingly as he could, but he was so baffled that Sykkuno had really thought he did this big horrible thing, that he felt the words coming out a little too quickly, but still no where near to how fast Sykkuno let his words come out only seconds ago.

"And we can find new games to play all together okay?" Corpse said.

"B-but it won't be the same, I had so, so much fun playing among us with everyone, and I'm just not ready to m-move on." Sykkuno said, his voice seeping with sadness.

"I had tons of fun too, but I think everyone just feels burnt out with it. But maybe once we've taken a break from it we can all play again, maybe by then more mods will be out, and new maps, and new ideas," Corpse said before taking a deep breathe, racking his brain for more things to say to console his friend.

"And we will have more fun that we've been having with it recently. It's always gonna be a game we can revisit whenever we feel like it's time to play again. And I can make game lobbies for a new game in the meantime with the people we would play among us with, okay?"

"Okay." Sykkuno said quietly before turning his body so he was facing up, head still resting softly in Corpses lap, and looked straight past Corpse and up to the ceiling. Corpse looked down into Sykkuno's watery eyes, and felt a wave of sadness move over him as he saw tears spill out.

Corpses right hand moved to fiddle with Sykkuno's messy hair, and his left hand reached to the side to grab Sykkuno's hand off of his stomach, and took hold of it.

"You need to get some sleep. You will feel a little better in the morning, I promise." Corpse spoke, loud enough for Sykkuno to hear him, but he got no reply, and Sykkuno's eyes remained open.

They lay there for about an hour, no words spoken. Just silence as tears steadily slipped out of Sykkuno's eyes.

Every now and then Sykkuno would reach out to his tea corpse had got him that was placed on the coffee table, and he would take a sip.

Sykkuno was completely calm now, just really fucking sad.

And he couldn't get himself to stop crying.

Corpse never stopped fiddling with Sykkuno's hair. Just stroking it, and then grabbing a piece of it to twirl between his fingers.

When Corpse realized Sykkuno wasn't going to sleep, he racked his brain for a way to either cheer him up, or to take his mind off of everything, and he came up with something he felt like would help. So he broke the silence and said,

"Do you wanna go for a drive?"