7

She stood over a large pot, stirring the contents of it slowly and regularly. Her husband walked over and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Don't stress, I'm sure they're just as worried as we are. Maddison is a wonderful girl and she'll wait for him." The woman sighed, "she shouldn't have to wait for him. He should be here, enjoying dinner with us." She put the spoon down and curled up in her husband's arms, he gently flowed his fingers through her slightly red hair and kissed her forehead, "Why don't you get ready and I'll finish cooking, my love?" She smiled and nodded, "Sure."

The doorbell rang and she ran to the door and opened it. Standing outside were three people. A girl with long brown hair, green eyes and rosy cheeks, a man with dark brown hair and hazel eyes and a woman with blond hair and green eyes. "Hello Mr and Mrs Noveschosch," spoke the girl. "Oh please, you can call us by our names! There's no need to be so formal." Smiled Mrs Noveschosch. "Savana! Neil! It's so good to see you again. The woman outside the door smiled. "Please come in!" Greeted Savana. The family came in and congregated in the lounge room. Maddison hung around her mother, Rebecca, since Darryl wasn't at home.

After eating dinner, Maddison, Neil and James sat at the dining table talking whilst Rebecca and Savana did the dishes nearby. "So, how are you guys holding up?" Asked James. Neil sighed, "It's been hard, it really has been. It definitely hit Savana hard,"
"I'm sure it would. We had to go through a similar thing. I'm sure Darryl will come back any day now,"
"That's what I'm hoping for. Every day a group of expeditioners have gone out to find him and they always find signs of him out there, they've come so close to bringing him home,"
"He'll return in no time. No one would want to be alone outside the city walls all by themselves,"
"That's the thing, apparently Darryl was seen with someone the first day he went missing. It was another boy, around Darryls age,"
"Was it someone from the city?"
"They don't think so, he had stuff you could only find in the forest." Maddison sighed and smiled, "You guys don't need to worry. I made a promise that I would wait for him and I will keep that promise," Neil smiled, "We are so grateful that he matched with you." Maddison nodded, "me too."

***

Darryl laid in the soft green grass, Zak laying beside him. He looked over and saw the tan boy looking up to the sky. He noticed Darryl looking at him so he rolled over and smiled at him. Darryls face began to burn up and he looked away, Zak let out a small chuckle. "Darryl, your so awkward." Darryl became flustered and turned back around to face Darryl, "No I'm not!"
"Yes, you are,"
"No,"
"You so are!" Darryl sat up, "at least I'm not a shortie like you!" Zak scoffed and pretended to look offended. "Your gonna regret saying that!" Darryl chuckled and shot upwards as Zak followed close behind. The two ran through the field, enjoying each other's company. Laughter erupted from the two as Zak began to catch up. He lunged forward and grabbed Darryl by the waist, causing them both to fall into the dirt. "Zak!" Darryl rolled over with Zak now lying on his chest. His face turned red and became hot as he pulled his hoodie over his head. "Darryl, why are you covering your face?"
"No reason..." he stuttered. Zak smirked and removed Darryls hoodie. His green eyes sparkled as they made eye contact, causing Zak to blush. "Your blushing," muttered Zak. "You are too!" Darryl shouted, still flustered. Zak got up off of Darryl and laid next to him.

He sighed and brushed some hair out of his eyes. He looked over at Darryl, "so... why did you decide to run away?" Darryl looked at Zak then back up to the sky. He sighed, "I guess it's time that I tell you the truth."