no⅄ ʇnoq∀ suoıʇɐlǝʌǝᴚ

Lightning hit the house that I thought was safe
Now I'm buried deep in my mind, no escape
It's uncomfortable to take another turn
But I'm better off now
Even the stars need the dark
Need the dark to shine
I don't need you to tell me it'll be okay
I'm no stranger to the pain
I don't mind rollin' in the mud while it rains
If it helps me to grow
Bring on the dark, bring on the hate
Bring on the pain
Yeah, I'll be okay
'Cause even the stars need the dark
Need the dark to shine
➪♧︎
Sarah Jeffrey ~ Even The Stars

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

Recap:

    "Why are you asking? You jealous?"

    She playfully slaps my chest with the back of her arm, not really doing much more than lazily flopping it down on me. I smirk and roll my eyes. Suddenly, she rolled on her side and leaned close to me.

    "If you guys are really nothing...then kiss me," She says quietly, narrowing her eyes at me as if daring me to make the move.

    She could probably hear me gulp. Should I kiss her? Do I want to kiss her? What about Todoroki? What about Todoroki? Why does that even play a part in whether or not I kiss Uraraka? This is so damn frustrating I want to just cry and block out the world (same bub). But, I can't, because a beautiful girl is waiting for me to do something right now.

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️
This chapter includes mention of self harm, abuse, drugs, and mentions of suicide. If you are harming yourself in any way, getting abused, or have thoughts of suicide or overdosing, please seek help or talk to someone and remember that you are not alone even if it may feel impossible

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

Slowly, I close my eyes and take a deep breath and begin leaning in. My nerves create knots in my stomach the closer I get and I can literally feel my lips trembling. What the hell am I doing? I don't want to kiss Uraraka (sorry deku x uraraka shippers...ily). She's my friend and that's all she'll ever be. Get used to it, Midoriya. I need to stop pretending that these feelings are nothing and just face them. I instantly pull back and, instead of the hurt I expect to see on Uraraka's face, I see a smile.

"I- I...I can't kiss you, I'm sorry," I mumble, inching away from her a bit.

She doesn't lose the smile and nods. "I knew you wouldn't kiss me. I just figured I should give you the chance to find out for yourself."

"You knew? You already knew that I'm...how the fuck?!" I ask, browns knit together in confusion.

"At first it was just a feeling, especially with how you always avoided questions about sexuality. Then...I saw how you looked at Todoroki...and how he looked at you," She says, standing up and opening her arms for me to give her a hug.

I slide off the bed and fling myself into her arms, squeezing her tight and spinning her around slightly. "Thank you Uraraka, you're literally the best friend a guy could ask for. I need to go...I- I need to talk to Todorki!"