¿ǝlqɐ⊥ ǝɥ⊥ ɟO ɟɟO ǝʌo˥ sI

Open with me, oh, we could be honest
Closer to me, oh, giving me solace
Promise that you won't let me fall
Holding me tight
Loving me right
Giving me life
All night
You could be
(You could be)
Telling me lies
Making me cry
Wasting my time
The whole time
So just be
Careful what you take for granted, yeah
'Cause with me you know you could do damage
You, you could do damage
You, you could do damage, yeah
Not worried 'bout it, I'm putting pressure (you know)
You'll only cut me if I let you
No, he ain't the one, it's just for pleasure
Either learn me or I'm a lesson gone
➪♧︎
H.E.R. ~ damage

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

Recap:

After I take a shower, I take time drying off fully, blow drying my hair, and even brushing it out. Really, just trying to kill time. I blink and look at my reflection in the mirror, squinting against the harsh fluorescent light. The mirror shows the same pale, exhausted and sickly looking boy, but now at least he looks clean. Quickly, I brush my teeth and just as I'm tucking my toothbrush back in the little drawer, my eye catches something. In the back is an electric blue straightener.

Looking up at my annoying curls, I get an idea and pull it out to plug it in.

It takes me a few tries to figure out how to make my unkempt hair looking real nice, and after a few minor burns to my fingers, it turns out alright. I unplug it and wrap the towel around my waist before stepping out of the bathroom. The cold air feels wonderful against my still warm, damp skin. I feel my eyes flutter shut at the nice sensation, loving how fresh and awake it makes me feel.

"You came out," I jump at the sound of Todoroki's voice.

He's standing just in front of my bedroom door, probably about to try and get me out again.

"Thanks for stating the obvious," I mumble, rolling my eyes.

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️
This chapter includes mention of self harm, abuse, drugs, and mentions of suicide. If you are harming yourself in any way, getting abused, or have thoughts of suicide or overdosing, please seek help or talk to someone and remember that you are not alone even if it may feel impossible

꧁ꨄ❦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❦ꨄ꧂

    I notice him wince at my last comment, but then suddenly his eyes are glancing up and down my body. My cheeks immediately burn with embarrassment when I realize that I'm literally standing here in nothing but a towel. Which, because of my lack of hips and ass, is hanging low enough to see my faint V-lines. (THIS STORY IS NOT GONNA HAVE SMUT OKAY!!!!)

    "You look good...YOUR HAIR I mean! I wasn't looking...I uhm...you used my straightener?" Todoroki practically chokes the words out.

    I feel a smile forming, but instantly tear my gaze away from his and force myself to stop. I can't let myself get pulled back in just because he says something that slightly flatters me. Or a lot. All that will do is get me hurt, and I'm tired of hurting so fucking much. I seriously cannot afford to be broken down anymore. Any further down, and I fear there will be no hope of me ever climbing back out. I need to keep my wall standing and strong, if anything gets past again, it will surely kill me.