Chapter 8

Coyote Life

Ch. 8

Luna's P.O.V.

I really don't remember what happened after I saw the dead pool. The last thing I could actually remember was getting angry and going into the woods.

I opened my eyes and I realized I'm still in the woods. I sat up on my elbows and I felt this sticky substance and I saw blood everywhere. I look to the left of me and I see a dead body, I gasp. I then looked down to see my claws out, I gasp again and then run home to shower and change. Luckily for me Malia and my so called father are not here. So I walked through the front door and up to my room.

I wash my hands to get the blood off and to see if I can get my claws to go away. I looked up into the mirror and flashed my eyes. That confirmed all my suspicions right away.

Blue.

Eyes of a killer, which I guess is what I am now.

'I can't let anyone know' I thought. I then hopped in the shower and got dressed afterwards. I walked out of my house and walked to the school. I reached the basement and saw the vault door. I opened it and walked right inside and looked around. I then saw the safe and I walked towards it. I took the handle in my hand and I started to pull. Nothing at first, but I then tried again and it came off. I opened the safe and I saw a folder and written across it was:

'Luna Tate- Adoption Records'

I hear footsteps coming from behind me and I turned around just to see Peter standing there.

“I really need to get a better safe.” Peter said, he looked down at the folder that was in my hands, “I can't let you leave with that.”

“Maybe you don't have a choice.” I said tempting him.

“Is that right?” Peter asked.

“I think I could take you.” I told him.

“You've heard rumors that I'm not as strong as I used to be.”

“Something like that.” I said, Peter just smirked and then punched the wall making it shatter into a bunch of pieces. I flinched back and I looked at him wide eyed before handing it out to him.

“I said you couldn't leave her without it, I didn't say you couldn't read it.” He told me.

I pulled the folder back towards me and read the thing, but what caught my eye was a baby picture of me was in there. I gave a small smile, it was just after I was born.

“You wanna talk about it? See a family counselor?” he asked sarcastically.

“There's nothing in here.” I told him.

“Cost me a lot of money to get that file.”

“You got ripped off.” I said bluntly.

“You know what happens when you only hear one side of the story? You've only heard one side of the story.”

“You murdered people, not killed, murdered.”

“There were extenuating circumstances.” This got me interested.

“Like what?”

“A fire. A fire that nearly burned me alive. Six years in a coma. Do you know what that's like for one of us? It's not a pleasant sleep. Imagine it. Being trapped in your body, but still being fully cognizant. Unable to do anything other than listen to your own thoughts slowly driving you absolutely insane, minute-by-minute, day-by-day. Yes, I've done horrible, terrible things and so have a lot of people. And horrible, terrible things are going to keep happening. Especially when there's a dead pool with your name on it.” Peter said.