Code Violet

Somewhere in the timeline of Grey's season 16 episode 18

Leila POV

After my moms told me they wanted to adopt me, my mamma told her brother Andrew. I didn't trust a lot of men after what my Dad did, but Andrew earned my trust. 

I could talk to him about anything, including things I didn't want to tell my moms. I asked Andrew if I could call him "zio", the Italian word for uncle, and he said I could; he was so happy. 

I really like spending time with him, but lately he's been acting so different. He's been having lows and highs and acting a bit manic. My mamma told me there is a history of bipolar disorder in her family; her father has it and she's been suspecting that my zio might have it. 

I've had friends in the system who have bipolar disorder and I've been in homes where parents and kids have had it. I haven't seen him be manic or low around me, but I don't think I want to see that.

I love going to Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital where my mamma and zio work; I've gotten to know a lot of the other doctors well including Dr. Grey, Dr. Bailey, Dr. Webber, Dr. Hayes, Dr. Wilson, Dr. Hunt, Dr. Altman, Dr. Shepard, and Dr. Pierce. 

I went over after school to visit Mamma to surprise her, but a few minutes after I walked in an alarm went off Code Violet OR Waiting Room...I have no idea what code violet means but I heard someone say that it means someone is getting violent with hospital staff; I was scared that it was my Mamma or my zio. 

I saw a mob of doctors heading towards the OR waiting room so I followed them...I was not prepared for what I saw.

There was a huge crowd in the OR waiting room. I saw my zio Andrew shouting at hospital security to arrest a red-haired woman for child trafficking. 

He had a wild look in his eyes; he was angry. There was a girl with red hair in a wheelchair crying behind him...was he thinking this girl was a trafficking victim? 

I hid behind a wall and peaked around it so I wasn't easily seen. I heard Dr. Bailey and Dr. Webber try to calm him down; then I heard my Mamma try to calm him down. He just kept on yelling telling people to form a human chain around this girl in the wheelchair behind him. I saw the human chain go around him instead; he got more agitated. 

"Security, please escort Dr. DeLuca to my office!" Dr. Bailey said. I suddenly realized what was happening, my uncle was having a manic episode...he does have bipolar disorder! 

He just got more agitated and jumped on the chairs in the waiting room. I turned around and started silently crying. My uncle went from being agitated to uncontrollably sobbing...

I didn't see it, but I didn't have to. I slid down to the floor. 

I knew my Mamma must have been horrified seeing her brother break down. I just kept crying. I guess he must've gotten down from the chairs because I heard him shout at security. I managed to get out of the hospital without anyone seeing me. As soon as I was out of the building I started running. I was red-faced and sweaty by the time I got home.

Decided to post again...so happy that people like it so far!!!