F I V E

BELLE

I doused my blueberry pancake into the syrup that was swirled on my plate before shoving it into my mouth. I love my mother, but if it's one thing she can't do, it's cook. That's why I love coming over Gage's house. His mom always has a homemade meal ready. I took a sip of my orange juice and looked at Gage, who sat across from me. Something about him was different, and I couldn't figure out what it was. It was kind of bothering me, at this point.

"Thank you for the food Auntie Laurie. It's amazing, as always."
"Yeah, thanks ma." Gage placed a kiss on her head and gave her a side hug as he went to put his plate inside. I followed him, grabbing my plate too. I still had some more eggs left, but I figure it's best if I don't eat a lot, considering I'm going to be in a bikini later tonight.

I had lost weight this summer. Spending every day doing physical activities with kids and having only gross food available kinda helped my physique. All my life I've struggled with food. I always overate for no reason, and it made me insecure. Now, I was used to eating smaller portions. Which is a good thing. Actually, it's great. I'm finally sort of confident with my body.

"Your mom always makes the best food."
"Yeah." He said, avoiding my gaze.
"Do you not want me to come?" I asked with a look on my face. I was worried about this. Why did I think it was okay to just barge in on him and his friends? Gage doesn't owe me any introductions. He looked confused.
"What do you- oh. To the bonfire. No, I do want you to come." He said in an obvious tone.
"Then why are you being weird?" I asked, stepped closer to him and crossing my arms over my chest. He looked away and gulped, before stepping closer to me.

"Sorry. I think I'm still a bit tired. Late night last night, remember?" He smirked. I do remember. I fell asleep towards the end of the movie, and Gage didn't wake me up. Then, I had woken up by myself at like four, and he was still up, playing a game on his phone. He claimed he couldn't sleep.
"I do. Is that all it is?" I asked for reassurance.
"Yea, promise Belley. I'm sorry. I'll take a power nap later or something."
"Okay good. You scared me for a sec. Let's go back out, I want to finish my orange juice."
He nodded and came with me. I walked in to see all the adults laughing at something.

"Who wants to go downtown tonight? They have a live band at the fair." My mom wiggled her eyebrows at Blair. She loves the fair.
"Me! I want to go! I want to ride the big circle one!" Blair shouted out in happiness.
"Kids?" Gage's mom looked between us.
"Actually, Belley and I are attending a bonfire tonight." Gage raised his glass of orange juice. I giggled and raised mine to his.
"How much money are you paying Belle?" My mom asked him, snarking.
"Actually, I asked him to go."

The table stayed silent for a good two seconds, before my mother started laughing. Gage's parents joined her, along with Blair. Even Gage couldn't stop grinning.
"Hey!" I shouted, eyeing them all.
"Since when are you such a party girl?" Auntie Laurie asked, raising her eyebrows.
"I just figure it would be good to branch out and make some new friends." I looked to Gage for support.
"Yeah, why not?" He shrugged.
"I think it's a good idea." Gage's dad said. "But, no drinking, Gager. Not with Belley in the car."

"Cmon dad, you know I wouldn't." Gage shot his father a look, as if he was offended that he had the nerve to ask him to stay sober.
"Just making sure, kiddo. Make sure she's safe." He gave him a look that I didn't quite understand. Gage nodded.
"So, am I supposed to give a curfew or something?" My mother looked to Gage's mom. They both laughed.
"If you guys are going to be together, I don't care what time you come home. Just don't wake us, and be home at a reasonable hour. I don't need the neighbors to wake up at three to you two animals." Auntie Laurie said.

"You got it." Gage said under his breath. He looked annoyed.
"That sounds good." I responded back to her.
"Well, I hope you guys have fun. We can all go downtown to the fair." My mom said and nodded at Gage's parents.

After a while of just hanging out, I fought the urge to pull out my phone. I was so bored, and I could tell Gage was too. Adult talk was seriously boring. I mean, who cares about how the economy is doing and how mortgage rates have gone tremendously up. I politely excused myself and Gage, and said that we were going to hang inside. Maybe there, we can come up with a plan to escape.

I pulled him inside his room and sighed dramatically. He jumped on his bed and I jumped on top of him too.
"Finally, we escaped!" He shouted. I flipped him over, so that I could place a finger on his lips. I widened my eyes frantically.
"You better be quiet, Gager! Your window is open, you know." I whisper-shouted.

He chuckled against my finger, and I suddenly realized what I was doing. It had happened this morning too. I was practically straddling him, and it was kind of intimate. But I also kind of liked it. I don't know if it's my hormones acting up, but I've been feeling so horny lately. There's no other way to put it. Just horny. I constantly am thinking about boys and sex. And it's the worst ever, because I don't have a boyfriend and suddenly it's what I want the most. I wouldn't tell Gage this, but the main reason I want to go to the bonfire is because I want to check out some guys at our school. I've never really looked at them before, and I wanted a boyfriend. Maybe some guy could take that position for some time.

"Gage?" I whispered.
"Uh, yeah?" He said, clearing his throat.
"Have you ever like...done it?"
"Done what?" He said confused.
"Like, you know."
"I don't know." He laughed, genuinely clueless.
"Like...sex." I whispered, really quietly.
"What'd you say?" He asked. My cheeks were red as a tomato, nice.
"Sex." I said in a normal voice. I attempted one anyways, but it caught at the end of the word, and I sounded like a middle school boy.

His eyes widened and he started to blush a bit.
"Um...is this a trick question?" He asked, as if he was afraid. I sighed and changed my position to lay on his chest, with our feet tangled. I started to draw circles around his heart. I shouldn't have said anything. I didn't respond for a good two minutes. I could hear his heart beating fast. It was nice.
"No. I'm just curious."
"Yeah, I have."
"With who?" I questioned.
"Um..." he muttered, nervously.
"Sorry." I sat up, getting off of him and taking the empty area next to him instead. "I didn't mean to pry. I just wanted to know."

"Well, a couple girls. Why do you want to know? Having hot sex anytime soon?" He asked sarcastically, his Adam's Apple bobbing up and down as he swallowed. He sat up.

"No." I sighed. "Ive just been thinking, I guess. I don't know, it was stupid." I shrugged.
"Well...if you are, um, be safe." He said awkwardly. Oh gosh, ew!
"This is weird. This is weird, right?"
"It shouldn't be. If you need advice or something...you could let me know."
"Oh my gosh. I'm mortified." I covered my face with my hands.

"Hey, nothing wrong with exploring your sexuality, woman. I'm always here to help, in whatever way you want me to." He winked and raised his eyebrow in a sexual manner. I was going to hit him for the crude comment, but I decided against it and bit my lip.
"Actually? In any way?" I asked innocently. We were only inches apart. I started to grasp the reality of the situation. I was a horny teenage girl in bed with a hot teenage boy. And boys are always horny, aren't they? I looked down at his hands, and he cleared his throat.
"Um, sure, Belley. I would do anything for you. You know that." He swallowed again. Was he nervous? Could he feel those butterflies in his stomach too?
"Thanks Gager. You know I would too." I kissed him on the cheek. His cheeks flushed as I stood and left the room, regretting the past five minutes.

Hopefully it'll pass over by eight, when he picks me up. I needed to get these new feelings of lust out of my system.