E I G H T

GAGE

It's been an hour since we had arrived, and about fifty more people had shown up. Carson makes these end of summer bonfires open invite, so a lot of people show up. That's what I like about them. It's always a rager at Carson's. We played two games of volleyball with everyone, before it started to get more crowded. See, Carson always invites his actual friends about an hour earlier. We get the first choice of alcohol, and we can hang with each other before it gets too hectic and you can't recognize anyone.

Belle was having a good time. She was on her third drink, which I decided will also be the last one, because she's a little too hyper. But she's smiling, a lot. That makes me smile. I sipped my water, because I was the designated driver, obviously. Usually I would have a beer or two anyways, since I'm not a light weight, but Belle is with me. And after the way Carson was flirting with her, I clearly needed to stay alert and sober.

It wasn't just Carson. A lot of guys have been staring her down all night, some actually went up to talk to her. I don't even blame them. With the moonlight shining on her face right now, she looks absolutely gorgeous. Stunning, even. I knew that because I have been sitting here for the past ten minutes, staring at her in a totally creepish and stalker way in the corner. She was laughing with Santi, Luka, and Miles. She kept on getting closer and closer to Miles, which was bothering me more than it should.

I hate Miles. I always have. Ever since Kylie had cheated on me with him in freshman year. We were close friends, or so I had thought. Speaking of Kylie, I could see her walking over to me. Shit. Fuck. Was it too late to walk away?

"Hey Gage." She smiled flirtatiously. She had on this tank top that left absolutely nothing to the imagination. Maybe this is exactly what I need. A hookup. It'll get my mind off of Belle. Plus, I haven't gotten laid in like, two weeks.
"Sup." I lifted my head at her. Gross. This was Kylie I was talking about. If I was going to do any hooking up, it definitely wasn't going to be with her. I took another sip of my water.
"I was thinking that we should talk, upstairs. It's been a while, Dempsey." She winked, and I remembered how good the sex was. Shit. I needed someone to swoop in and save me.
"Gage!" I heard from afar.

Belle shouted, running towards me. Her chest bounced up and down, and I forced myself to look somewhere else. She was giggling as she came to us and grabbed my shoulder.
"I wanna go swimming. Oh, hi." She gave Kylie a mean look, and I almost laughed. Drunk Belle is funny as fuck.
"Actually, we were just about to-"
"Sure, Belley. Catch ya later, Kylie." Or not, I hope. She had a look of anger on her face.
"Bye Ky-Ky." Belle said, laughing. I grabbed her and started walking towards the sand, trying to keep in my laughter.

"You're hilarious when you're drunk." I said.
She laughed, got a hiccup, then laughed again.
"I actually wanna swim, Gage." She slurred, unbuttoning her jean shorts. I looked away, over at the water. Nobody was in there yet, because it was only like ten o'clock. People usually went swimming closer to midnight. I took off my shirt anyways, along with my hat and glasses, dropping them onto the sand. She stared at my chest, practically ogling me.

I smirked when she met my face, blushing. I had taken my sweet time to look her up and down too. She already looked beautiful, but in a bikini? I was salivating. She did a cute little spin and I clapped.

"You look hot, Lockwood." I winked at her.
"You look very sexy too, Dempsey. That's a hot last name, actually. Dempsey. That would probably sound really good in bed. Dempsey!" She fake moaned, then laughed.

If only she knew that I was thinking about making her scream it, in my bed. I bit my lip, I needed to stop thinking about fucking her before I get hard. Since when was she so goddamn bold? She pushed me back and started running.

"Last one there has to...do something bad!" She yelled, and started sprinting to the beach. I chuckled and jogged after her, taking my time to watch her ass as she runs to the water. Jesus fucking Christ, I was being a pervert. I looked back at everyone, and nobody had noticed we went into the water. Except Kylie. Who had a look of pure evil on her face. I shrugged it off and jumped into the cold water.

"I'm f-f-f-freezing! Gage!" Belle yelled. I put my head underwater and opened my eyes. I found her body and swam behind her, in attempt to scare her. I heard her muffled screams, and I shot up into the air, grabbing her.
"Gage!" She gasped, throwing her arms around me and pressing her boobs against me. Damn, they felt really good. I heard her sniffle, so I brought her face up by grabbing her chin.

"Why are you crying Belley?"
"I thought you had drowned!" She shouted dramatically, sniffing and wiping her tears. I don't know why, considering her entire face was wet. I moved her hair away from her face.
"I'm fine, Bels. I was just tryna scare you."
"That was so mean of you." She pouted.
"I'm sorry, Belley." I looked her in the eyes.

She had stopped crying, definitely. Her brown eyes looked ten times darker than normal as she looked down to my lips and bit hers. Oh my fucking God. She looked so hot, I couldn't help but lean in closer to her. Our lips were inches apart and I swear I could hear her heart beating. Or maybe that was mine. Doesn't matter, cause I was hard as a rock right now, and I could only think of one thing. Kissing her. Pressing our lips together. She made eye contact again and let out a breathe. Her legs were wrapped around my lower waist, we had never been this close. I know she could feel me. She tilted her head and leaned in closer when we heard a splash.

She looked past me and I hung my head down. Damnit. I heard the laughter of multiple people as I let go of her waist and she swam away awkwardly, still staring at me. I looked up at the moon, and tried to think of gross things. But I could still feel Belle's fucking stare, so I went underwater and swam back to the shore. Fuck this, I cant even think straight.

I grabbed my things and went to sit by the fire. Mostly everyone was out in the water now, and I could see Belle on Miles shoulders, playing chicken. Great. I took a big gulp of my water and caught Kylie's eyes.

"Trouble in paradise?" She asked, lifting her head towards the water.
"Fuck off, Kylie."
"I'm just saying, it's not like I'm in love with you. I just want some sex, okay?" She lifted her hands up in defense, then sipped on her white claw. I didn't even have to turn around to hear Belle's loud laugh. Miles probably made her laugh. I gripped the water bottle.

"Let's go upstairs then." I said, knowing I would probably- no, definitely regret this later.