N I N E

BELLE

I wrapped my arms around myself, shivering. Where the heck was Gage? My hoodie was in his car, his locked car, and I was freezing. He better hope I don't catch a cold, otherwise I would force him to nurse me back to health.

He looked really good in that water. I really wanted to touch him. But then I remember he's practically my brother, and I audibly gag. Then shiver, because it is super cold right now. Before I know it, Miles hands me his sweater.
"I'm okay." I offer it back.
"Yeah right, Bels." He rolled his eyes. I love the way he said my name. He made it seem like it was the greatest name on this planet.
"But then you'll be cold." I furrowed my brows.
"Nah, not if I'm close to you." He smirked.

Okay. I totally would have laughed, but I didn't want to make him feel bad. Especially since he just offered me his hoodie. I put it on and snuggled into him. He smelled nice and felt good. I didn't think about how corny that was. I'm starving. Those pancakes were the only thing I had all day, and I was so hungry. My stomach growled, and I really hope Miles didn't hear that. I doubt it, with the music turned all the way up. How did Carson's neighbors not call the police? If my music were that loud, my backyard neighbor, Sally, would totally call the cops. Gage and I hated her.

Where is Gage?

I looked around for him, wondering if I should ask if someone has seen him. It was starting to worry me.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom, okay?"
"You want me to come? Walk you there, I mean?" Miles offered with a smile.
"I'm cool. Be right back." I stood and stumbled inside. Dang. I forgot this place was a mansion. Maybe I should've asked Miles to come with me.

I opened a door, but it led to the garage. The one next to it was the laundry room that was almost as big as my room. Rich people. I climbed up the stairs, actually needing to pee. I'll check the basement later for Gage. I heard some people were hanging down there. The first door had a blue sock on it. Okay, gross. The second one was a bedroom, a pink one. Maybe Carson had a sister. The third one had to have been a bathroom. I mean, come on. A house this big with no bathrooms. Do rich people not pee in the toilet? I sighed as I knocked lightly.

When I got no response, I opened the door. The first thing I saw was Gage's bare ass, thrusting into Kylie, who was naked and wrapped around his body. Her head was thrown back and she was biting her lip as she pulled on his hair. I ran away, slamming the door shut. If they hadn't heard me walk in, they definitely heard me walking out.

I hate him right now. I hate Gage. Why would he have sex with Kylie? Also known as the devil reincarnate. I hate her. I hate her for making fun of me all through middle and high school because I was bigger than her. I hate her because she thinks she can get away with anything she wants. I hate her because she seems to have this mysterious hold over Gage.

I walked down the stairs, wishing I had never came to this stupid bonfire. And I still needed to pee! I sat on Carson's expensive couch, then immediately got up. I was wet from the beach. I made a stain on his couch. Sure it would dry up, but it still made me cringe. I heard heavy footsteps come down the stairs, and Gage appeared. His hair was disheveled, his lips plump. His cheeks were flushed and he had a beat on sweat on his forehead as his lips were parted. He looked back up at the stairs and coughed loudly. Is he kidding me?

"Oh, hey Belley." He was so out of breath, that if someone told me he had just ran half a marathon, I would one hundred percent believe them. He ran a hand through his hair.
"Your button up is backwards." I said sadly, wishing I had a few more drinks. Maybe I could've blocked this out.
"Belley...you know it's-"
"Apparently I don't know anything." I gave him an evil look and crossed my arms over my chest. "You can come down, Kylie!" I shouted, staring at him the entire time. He had a guilty look on his face, and he hung his head down in shame. Good. He should feel bad.

Although, maybe he shouldn't. His sex life was none of my concern. Even if it meant the person who means the most to me is sleeping with the person I hate the most. That's still technically none of my business. I sighed as Kylie walked down, smirking at me.

"Oopsie." She winked and shrugged after. I wanted to kill her. Gage deserves better. That's why I was mad! It's because Gage deserves a girl who loves him, a girl who won't cheat on him. Someone who treats him kindly. She walked out, but not before blowing a kiss to Gage. His shoulders were slumped and he actually looked guilty. I felt bad.

"Belley. I'm sorry, I didn't mean for you to see that, obviously." He scratched his neck.
"But you wanted to do it. You just didn't want me to see you do it."
"Belley-"
"Pool."
"Bels-"
"Pool, Gage." I said, walking out of the front door.

I stepped aside, because I didn't know how to get the gate open. Gage walked out and just went forward, not even bothering to look at me. I huffed and realized I was wearing Miles's hoodie. Crap. I didn't say goodbye. Whatever. He'll get over it.

I follow Gage to the car, feeling like I'm overreacting. I'm not his girlfriend. I don't even want to be his girlfriend. I'm not allowed to get mad at him for having...sex. I'm jealous of him! That what's I'm so angry right now. It's my jealously. I need to relax.

We got into the car and Gage turned to me.
"Look, Belley, I just want to apologize-"
"Don't. You don't have to. It's none of my business, you can have sex with whoever you want, as can I."
"Did you have sex?" He asked, eyes wide.
"Maybe I did. With Miles." I said before I could stop myself. Why the heck did I just say that? Miles and I were nowhere near close to having sex. He just kissed me on my cheek.

"Tell me you're fucking joking, Belle. You're fucking with me, right?" He asked, trying to make eye contact with me. I turned my head and stayed silent. I wanted to respond, I did, but words wouldn't come out.
"Belle! You did not fuck him. You're messing with me." He yelled.
"Are you asking me or are you trying to convince yourself?" I yelled back.
"Fuck. I'm gonna fuck him up." He whispered, getting out of his car.

I widened my eyes, reaching for the car door. Crap! He needs to get back here right now.
"Gage!" I screamed, but he was halfway there already. I ran after him, but only until I tripped on a rock and fell onto the concrete.
"Ow!" I shouted, clutching my knee. Blood dripped down my leg. "Gage!" I yelled.

He had disappeared from my view, and I cursed myself for not shutting it down immediately. Until I saw a shadow walk towards me. Gage didn't say a word, he only lifted me bridal style, carrying me back to the car. His jaw was clenched, he was fuming. He didn't look at me once.

"Im way too fat for you to be carrying me like this." I said self consciously, my stomach still growling. God, I needed to go to bed or something to forget the hunger.
"Shut up, Belley. You're not fat."
"So he speaks!" I smiled.
He shook his head with a slight smile and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He stiffened, and stared at me for a second, before he opened his trunk and sat me down.
"One second." He muttered.

I heard him open his car door and slam it a few seconds later. He came back with a first aid kit. He opened it up and started wiping up the blood. I could still hear the loud music blasting from Carson's backyard. I swallowed and ran my fingers through Gage's hair.

"I didn't have sex with Miles." I said, waiting for his reaction. All he did was give me a curt nod, and reach for a bottle of rubbing alcohol.
"That's all you're going to say? I thought- Ow! Son of a gun!" I yelled as he applied the acidic liquid onto my cut. I pulled on his hair, expecting more pain. He looked up at me in annoyance.

"Gage-"
"You're right. My sex life is not your business nor is yours mine. Drop it, Belle."
"Um, ok." I said as he slapped the bandaid onto my knee. That was harsh. True, technically, but way harsh. He grabbed the kit and went to go put it back. He came back to help me get down, but I didn't take his hand, even if it meant I had to limp all the way to the passenger seat.