Chapter 4

I opened my eyes and saw him. I lost strength in my legs and fell to the floor.

"Lady Wagner!" He held my arms and kneeled in front of me.

"Why are you here?" I felt tears forming in my eyes out of relief so I looked down. He's really fitting for the male lead. I feel happy seeing someone who I'm sure is very trustworthy and could get me out here.

"I knew something was weird when he didn't compete with me for a few days so I infiltrated here." He took a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped my cheeks. I knew that this was his habit because he has a lot of siblings.

"I doubt that you did something wrong to that guy but can you please explain the situation here?"

This guy can probably... no, he will save me.

This guy is too brave. He even had the audacity to sneak in the mansion of a noble and even come underground where a lot of secrets lie. He's really the male lead.

Isn't he afraid of being found out and being killed?

"Daryl, he--"

"You know my name?"

"Am I not supposed to know?" I tried to dig on my memories, he's popular right? I mean who wouldn't be popular if Evan, who is a popular noble kept on competing with a commoner.

"Oh… I was just a little shocked."

I talked to him about how he's supposed to kidnap Fiona but mistook me for her.

Daryl had a complicated expression in his face like he wanted to mock and laugh at Evan and that he felt pitiful for my situation.

Yeah. I know. I also feel miserable on my situation.

"Please take me with you." I probably look terrible and disgraceful as a noble but I'm just too desperate. "And please protect Lady Theoder too. You're her lover right?"

He had a more complicated expression on his face like I just said something unbelievable.

"Haa. Please don't say that. We are just close since we both have the same type of magic."

Oh, so at this point in the novel. They're still friends and are only rumoured to be lovers.

He looked at my feet and his face darkened.

"How could he just put this on you." He put his hand on the chains, used magic and it broke.

"Lady Wagner, can you run?" I nodded. I am not treated badly here but who on their right mind would like to stay in that damp and dark cell without any windows and sunlight.

"I'm sorry for my disrespectful actions." He held my hand and we started running outside this prison.

My heart pounded fast and I felt tired. After a few days of having my feet shackled up, it felt like I would soon trip and lose strength on my legs.

My desperation to run away made me ignore the pain that I felt on my feet. I can't believe I forgot my shoes.

When we arrived outside, I felt the cold breeze of the wind. The stars and the moon were sparkling and shining in the dark night.

His hand held mine tightly and I felt the sense of security.

"I see you're having a rendezvous and wonderful night."

I froze and gulped. That familiar chill on the spine that I felt.

I don't even want to turn back to see his face.