Chapter 11

"Why are you here again?" I grumbled when I saw him sitting on the chair. I just had a good time taking a bath and my mood got bad as soon as I saw him.

"This is my mansion." I just ignored him and dried my hair using the towel.

"I don't know why you'd want to hang out in a prison cell."

After having an open forum session with Evan, for some reason he always visits here to chat with me and even brings cookies and snacks from time to time.

"Has anyone ever told you before that you're very unappreciative?"

"You visiting here is something not worthy of being appreciated."

He groaned and glared at me. Your ice cold glares won't work anymore, buddy.

"Lady Ces, your food is here."

"Oh, thank you." I hurried over on the gate to take the tray.

One good thing about his visits here is that he already took off the shackles on my leg. I was too happy about it being removed that I forgot to take revenge on him by throwing the metal chains on his head.

"Ces? A nickname? You're close?" I ignored his pesterings and continued to drink the chocolate drink.

I have quite a good prison life here, they even take note of my preferences in drinks.

"Why are you called Ces when your name is Fiona?"

I ignored him again. I am getting tired on reminding him that I am not Fiona, he doesn't even listen to me anymore.

"Well, I don't really care. I'll call you Ces too."

My face crumpled hard from what he said and I looked at him with disbelief.

Nicknames and first names are supposed to be only called when you have the approval of the owner of the name.

"You're saying it as if I'm supposed to be thankful that you're calling me on my nickname."

"Just think of it as an honor."

I held my arm as I suppress the urge of throwing my spoon at him. He really thinks of himself highly, I mean I'll only think of it as an honor if you're the emperor or the crown prince.

"You can call me Evan or Van."

"I don't really care about your na--"

Wait. Is he trying to befriend me?

"Pfft. Hahahahahahaha! Oh, I see your attempt of trying to become close with me."

I held the lamp near me and pointed it on his face. I could see him pouting with his ears reddening.

"I thought you've gone mad or something but I see that I'm your first friend since you don't know how to befriend someone."

I tried to suppress my laughter and smile but I couldn't really cover it effectively since he looked more embarrassed.

"Shut up. I... I always got misunderstood because of my black hair and cold face. They said I looked like a demon."

"Well, you really do. Plus, your voice is also cold."

I really do hope that he can see himself fight next time. If he only knew how he looked like when he kept on grinning while fighting Daryl, he'd even think of himself as the demon king.

"Can't you just comfort me?"

"I told you I'm only good at listening."

He was silent for a few moments.

"I wish I was also good at making friends like him."

I looked at him and I already knew who he was talking about.

"That's quite far fetched. He has a friendly face, friendly voice and friendly personality. So... if you're desperate then just imitate him. I'm just saying this as a concerned citizen but just from the first criteria, you already failed bigtime."

I felt guilty when his shoulders drooped. I was just talking about the truth!

I sighed. I feel like I'm being a babysitter for days now. "You don't need to change. There are people who'll see you and accept you for who you are."

I bit on the bread.

"Does that count you?"

I didn't know what to say.

***
I just finished taking my exam (got a decent grade) and I have one left for next week. I... still haven't watched the pre-recorded videos. Lolol.