01

"Hey, Sam. Pakilala mo naman kami sa kuya mo," Luanne, one of her classmates told her.

"For what purpose? Wala tayong project na kailangan ng ganyan," she said, rolling her eyes.

Ever since her classmates saw her step-brother, they started flocking to her just to ask about him. And those classmates are those ones that ignored her before.

The audacity.

"Ang mo damot naman. Papakilala mo lang naman kami, no. We will do the rest na," Catherine said.

She rolled her eyes. "Girls, my brother's already taken so please, back off," she said.

Luh? Asa kayo! She mentally said.

If there's one person she will like for her Kuya Caius, it is none other than her best friend, Jordyn.

Jordyn had a big crush on her brother not until Jordyn met Maverick, her brother's best friend.

At first, she couldn't understand how fast Jordyn's feelings changed. How she easily fell in love with Maverick and forgot her feelings to Caius. But seeing how happy her best friend was with Maverick, she accepted that maybe they were really meant for each other.

But of course, not all maybes are true. Because apparently, Jordyn and Maverick broke-up. Mave cheated on Jordyn, causing her best friend to get involved in a car accident.

And that day was the scariest day of her life. She was so scared for her best friend's life; afraid that she would lose her.

Fortunately, Jordyn survived. She lived. But she disappeared in everyone's life after the accident, which they all understood. Jordyn lost her father because of the accident and no one can question that.

So, they let her have her time to heal.

"Edi, kung hindi na pwede ang kuya mo, sa friends nya na lang? Sino ba ang hindi pa taken sa mga 'yun?" Luanne asked again.

Ugh! These girls really won't stop.

"He's friends with Grant, right? You're probably close to him. Sam, introduced us to him, please?" Catherine said.

"He's busy. I barely see him around," she answered with a rolling eyes.

"Gavin?"

"Taken."

"Connor?"

"He's more interested in racing than girls," she answered.

"Aydan?"

"Busy with med school," she said. "And taken as well."

"Ugh. Never mind, I don't like guys who have demanding professions," Luanne said.

Her brow arched automatically.

Wow! Feeling papatulan. Ayaw kaya no'n sa maarte. She mentally said.

"Maverick?"

"He's not interested in anyone," she answered, truthfully.

After Jordyn, Maverick becomes so grumpy that even her, can't speak to him properly. He was surrounded by a dark aura.

"How about, Easton?" Luanne asked, giving her a malicious grin.

Without thinking twice, she took out a paper and wrote Easton's cell phone number.

"Here," she said. "He's a law student but he will surely be interested," she said before standing up and leaving the room.

She headed straight to the nearest café at their university. She still has three hours before her next class and she doesn't want to wait inside their room with her annoying classmates.

But not half-hour ago, Easton materialized in front of her. He looked pretty annoyed and there were sweats on his forehead; he probably ran his way to the café.

"What have you done?" Easton asked her, clenching his jaw.

She arched her brow and sip from her frappe. "Done what?" she asked, acting clueless.

Easton rolled his eyes. "Dammit, Samantha Vanellope! You gave my number to your classmates," he said.

"So?" she asked.

Easton brushed his hair up using his fingers. "Samantha, you gave them my number. Your boyfriend's number to your friends," he said.

She rolled her eyes. "They are not my friends," she said. "And you're not my boyfriend anymore either," she added.

Easton's jaws clenched again. "Oh, so you have decided for yourself? Ikaw lang ba ang nasa relasyon na 'to?" He said.

"Like how you decided to cheat without considering me. I think I just did the right thing," she answered back.

Easton took a deep breath. "Baby, I told you I did not cheat. I didn't know she would be there."

"Stop giving me that bullshit of a reason, Easton. Of course, you know she would be there; she's your classmate and that party was for all law students. Enough with making me a fool," she fired back.

"Baby," Easton said, reaching for her hand and caressing it. "Hear me out, please? I really didn't know that they are planning something like that and obviously, I was not happy about that. Promise, I never even thought of cheating on you," it said.

Heartlessly, she slapped his hand away from hers. "You can't change my mind, Easton. I knew from that start that you will never change--you can't change for a fact--but I still gave you a chance, hoping you will but look what I got, I just proved to myself that I was wrong."

Easton, she had loved him since high school. She knew that loving her brother's best friend will bring no good to her but what she can do, she already fell in love with him.

She knew all about his rendezvous with different girls. How he jumps from one girl to another; she even witnessed how he made out with a girl classmate.

But still, she loved him blindly.

And now that she realized the mistake she made in believing in him, she wants him out of her life now. She wants peace that she knows she will never get as long as she's with him.

Because apparently, her boyfrie-ex-boyfriend, is a chic magnet.

"Samantha..."

She shook her head. "I have had enough with you, Easton. Ever since high school, I have done nothing but forgive and give you a chance. But I have limitations too and I have reached my limit," she added.

Easton shook his head. "You can't just decide by yourself. I will not let you leave me," he said.

She laughed.

"Come on, Easton. I'm already doing you a favor, why can't you accept that?" She said.

"Favor? Baby, you are breaking up with me! How is that a favor for me?" Easton asked.

She rolled her eyes. "You're a lawyer in the making, you are smart so surely, you know what I mean," she answered.

Easton shook his head. "No. No one is breaking up here. You can't break-up with me. Remember, you agreed on being mine and I don't have any plan of letting you go. You are stuck with me forever, baby."

Losing all his patience, she slammed her palm on the table. "Bobo ka na ba, ha? Hindi ka makaintindi na ayaw ko na?" she said.

Easton licked his lips. "I repeat, you are stuck with me, Samantha." He insisted.