33

"You are delusional, Samantha. Akala mo ba ay talagang seryoso sya sayo? Na ikaw na talaga? Tanga. You are just a rebound; iyong nandyan dahil umalis ang totoo nyang mahal."

"He loves me," she said.

"And you believed that? Tingin mo, bakit sa tinagal-tagal ng relasyon nyo ay hindi ka parin nya inaayang magpakasal."

"Because we're still studying!"

"Wrong. It's not because of it, Samantha. It was because he was still waiting for his first love to come back. He could have asked you to be engaged already, but he didn't, right? Because he is still waiting for Agatha to come back. And when she comes, he will drop you like a hot potato."

Those were the exact words she heard from Summer, Agatha's friend.

Agatha.

She's Easton's first love, she was the love he fought until there was no other choice but to surrender.

She was there, she witnessed how Easton fought for that love. She was there, watching him lose himself for the girl he loved the most.

Easton loved Agatha the most.

She knew that. She witnessed how wrecked she was when Agatha chose to leave rather than fight with him, she saw it with her own eyes on how Easton's life drastically changed because of the heartbreak Agatha gave him.

Agatha turned him into the guy he was now.

She made him.

And although warned, she still adored him. She still hoped for him; she still gambled to him. And what did she get?

A heartbreak.

He broke her heart like how his first love broke his.

He was her first love while his was someone else.

She was such a fool for believing she could make him change; that she can make him love again.

"Why, Samantha? Why do you hate him this much?" Nicholas asked her, eager to know her reasons.

"He's still in love with his first love," she answered.

It was honestly painful; to know that the person you are very much in love might leave you just because the love he lost finally came back.

That's why when she learned about the photos of Easton's with Desiree—hooking up—triggered her fears and convinced her that Easton is not really serious with her. That he was only keeping her because she was the one beside him, she was the only one who's willing to stay with him; she was his replacement for her lost love.

"What?"

"I... I was approached by his first love's friends. They told me that Agatha—his first love—is coming back and he was just waiting for her. He will dump me after that," she told him.

"Did you talk this out with him? Ask him if that's true?"

She shook her head. "I don't have to confirm it. I caught him one time scrolling through her Instagram feed. That made me suspicious, then, Desiree came, showing me their photos from their hook up."

"You believed them asking for Easton's side first?" Nicholas asked her, shaking his head, telling her that what she did was wrong.

"I told you, there's no need to confirm it to him becau—."

He cut her off. "You must do that, Samantha. I can't believe you just bought what they told you. Paano kung sinisira lang pala kayo ng mga 'yon? At sa tingin mo, kung ganun nga ang plano ni Easton, bakit hinahabol-habol ka parin nya kung totoong babalik na ang first love nya?'

"Because she has not come back yet! He still needs me for his own benefits!"

"Wrong. He chases you because he loves you. I am a man too, I know when a man truly loves a woman, and swear, I saw it in him. He really is in love with you," Nicholas said. "And first love? Come on, not everyone will have and still want another chance with their first love; especially when he already has someone who made him feel the love his first love failed to do, when his present mended all the wounds his first love did. Ganun ang nakikita ko, Samantha."

But still, she shook her head, and didn't want to listen to him. "Still, he hooked up with different girls!"

"Do you have proof of that? Aside from Desiree's?"

"Sino bang kaibigan mo? Ako 'di ba?" she said instead that made Nicholas chuckled.

"God, Samantha. Make up your mind. That man is yours, alone. Stop wasting time and fix your issues."

"I don't have issues!"

"Yes, you do. You're such a jealous woman."

"No," she insisted.

Nicholas scoffed. "Come on, Samantha. You won't get pregnant if you really don't feel anything for him anymore."

"He intentionally knocked me off!"

"And you let him. Ginusto mo rin."

"I hate you," she just said and Nicholas chuckled more.

They were like that when Easton came. Wala akong imik nang pumasok sa kanya silid at inilagay sa maliit na lamesa sa gilid niya ang dala nitong pagkain.

"Your mom called. She was asking what do you want for dinner," Easton asked her, his brows furrowed and his jaws kept clenching.

She arched her brow. "Tell mom I want pasta," she answered.

"Which pasta? Be specific."

"Anything that is pasta, Easton. I don't have anything specific in my head, I just really like to have pasta tonight, okay?" She answered, rolling her eyes.

Easton took a deep sight before nodding. "Alright. I call her back," he said before excusing himself to call her mother.

And when she turned to Nicholas, she saw him shaking his head. Tumayo na rin ito at nagsabing aalis na dahil naroon na rin naman daw ang bantay nya.

"Make up your mind, Samantha. He's yours, fully. Don't let others poison your mind and let them control your mind by making reckless decisions," he reminded her before finally leaving.

Ilang segundo pag kaalis nito ay pumasok muli si Easton. Wala pa rin itong imik nang maupo sa sofa--na kinauupuan ni Nicholas kanina lang.

"You asked him to come here?" she started.

Easton nodded without looking at her; nasa cellphone nito ang atensyon. "I know you're bored and I know he's the only friend you have that is very close to you so..." he said, gritting his teeth when he said the word very.

"I see. Thanks. I was entertained for a while," she answered.

She heard him sighed and said, "If Jordyn's here, I will not call that guy to come to you because I am very aware that you like him."

His voice was serious when he said that. And instead of being offended, an idea came to her mind upon hearing her long-lost best friend's name.

Jordyn.

She smirked to herself visualizing the thought that came to her.