40

"Who's that, Kuya?" Samantha asked, heart beating too fast. She walked until she's standing beside her brother.

"Baby..." Her brother spoke to his phone.

Her brows creased hearing him calling that person that endearment.

"Hmm?" The person on the other line responded.

Her heart beat unmorally now. She's excited but confused at the same time.

"Someone wants to talk to you," Caius replied.

"Who?"

"J-jorge..." she called in a shaky voice, not waiting to be introduced by her brother.

"H-hey, Van." Jordyn responded, giving her the same shaky voice.

Her tears immediately poured and she could not contain the emotion she's having. Easton instantly stood beside her to calm her.

"Calm down, baby." He told her.

"What's happening?" Jordyn asked over the phone.

"She's crying like a baby," Caius answered.

"Oh, my god. Calm down, Van. I heard you're pregnant. Crying is not good for your baby," Jordyn spoke.

But her tears poured like a river, she could not stop.

"I missed you so much, Jorge. I miss you," she said while crying.

"Stop crying, baby." Easton whispered beside her when her tears kept falling, wiping her tears away.

"I missed you more, Van."

"Please come home," she asked.

"I...I will, Van. Soon, I will be home," Jordyn answered, snipping. They can hear how she cries on the other land.

"Don't cry, baby. I'm not there to help you," Caius told Jordyn.

And that's only when everything really sinks in to her. First, her brother has her best friend's number. Second, he called her baby!

"Why are you calling her baby?" She finally asked her brother.

Caius' side lips curved upwards, showing her a proud smirk. "Because she's my baby. She has finally given me a chance. She's my girlfriend now."

"What?" she claimed, "Really... how?" She can't help but ask.

"Caius," Jordyn called out.

"Yes, baby?" Caius replied.

"Stop surprising her. That's not good for her baby," Jordyn said.

"I'm sorry. I just want to inform her about us," Caius answered.

"I know," Jordyn said then continued, "I will be home, Van. Soon. Please don't cry. I'm sorry it took me this long to communicate; for shutting my doors from everyone, even to you. I'm really sorry I had to hide," she breathed. "We will catch up soon. I will just finish this semester and I will be home."

Hearing that, she cried more. "It is okay, Jorge. I understand. I really understand why you had to do that. I will wait here. I will wait until you come home," she replied, a batch of tears kept falling from her eyes that Easton wiped.

"Baby, calm down," he whispered again.

"I love you, Van." Jordyn told her, crying is obvious from her voice.

"I love you too," she replied.

That conversation etched into her memory that after two hours since the call, she still feels sad and cries from time to time.