18.

ENTRY:2/5/2021

TW: SOCIAL ANXIETY

Everything seems to be in slow motion for Lightblade as she tensed up, her wounds suddenly no longer her concern as she now faces a new challenge. Her circuits were in haywire as she could not stop her stutter. Miko was nudged and gotten dirty looks by her friends, which she too felt bad.

"Look what you've done!" Jack whispered. "She saved our friends' lives and got herself hurt in the process! You should've left the questions alone Miko!" He nagged as Miko looked down in embarrassment, while Raf could only watch as he saw the femme that saved his life in a mess.

"I-I- It's not! I-I-" she fumbled with her words as her processors was shutting down and making her blank. She tries to calm herself down but failed miserably with all the stares at her. 'Calm down! Just get your bearings back together Lightblade and explain! They will listen!' her thoughts nagging at her as she closes her optics, trying to recalibrate and keep herself level-helm.

Optimus said nothing as he let Ioa calm down, not wanting to cause her more stress. He mimicked her actions earlier, taking her servos and gripping them softly. Ioa finally managed to calm down and sent him a grateful look.

"I-I..." she began. The bots were all silent as to let her speak. "The mine incident... I was not in the right mind to do so... And the Decepticons were there, I could not risk exposing my abilities..." Ioa addressed the first question. "The equipments on the other hand... I was not branded any logo because I was not in favor of fighting. But due to circumstances, we the Neutrals were given weapons to protect ourselves. It's just a coincidence that I got a better equipment due to me being in a dangerous place." She said softly, hoping they would believe her.

"Before the war became worse and ended up destroying our planet, most of us assumed this was one of those fights for the parliament, but we were sadly mistaken. We were then given three choices, Autobots, Neutrals and Decepticons. I was a Neutral because I did not support the ideology of Megatron, but I too don't want to be involved in this war... it was a foolish idea of me hoping the war would end and we all can go back to our old days. I was never enrolled in the Elite Guard bootcamp so I was not capable of fighting. During those times, combat experience were vital and it continues to be until now." Ioa said sorrowfully as she hung her helm low. She never wanted to be involved with fights, but fate always had something else in plan for her.

"I want to help your cause Optimus. I know in my spark you seek the freedom for our people, even though it meant that you have to go to war. Although I'm no fighter Optimus, but I think I had enough of hiding. I've been a coward for far too long, enough is enough. I'm sorry for not explaining the situation earlier..." Ioa said, her frame shaking as she leaked coolants. She tries to halt them but her system's not listening, overriding her commands.

A comforting servo raised to her shoulderplates, as Ioa looked up shakily towards Optimus. "It's alright to be afraid Ioa. We too never realised the war would impact all of us greatly. You only wanted peace; as we all do. I hold no grudges on your decision Ioa. But know this. We will never abandon you. You will always have a home in the Autobots, just as the other cybertronians wandering in space, seeking refuge." He said solemnly. He understood her decision. After all, no one wants to be a part in the war. "You've made your mind to join us Ioa, for that I applaud you. You've risen above yourself, not many bots could do so." Optimus said calmly. Lightblade could only look at the leader tearily as she turned her helm towards the other bots and humans.

:-We understand you Ioa! It's okay now, you're safe with us!-: Bumblebee beeped, trying to comfort her. Bulkhead nodded as he added. "It takes quite the big bearings to come and make amends Ioa. We don't hate you for being a Neutral. After all, you only wanted to be in peace like we all do." He said. Arcee sighed as she walks up to Ioa's berth. With a firm gaze, Arcee spoke.

"You've made your choice Ioa. We all have our dark past and we don't blame you for that. But you've made a different call now, so we are now all together in this. You may be inefficient in fighting, but you have a bright mind, rivalling Ratchet's even. So perhaps you could use that to aid us. In fact, you've been living with the Decepticons. I believe any information you had there would be vital for us, take the decoding technique for example." She said. Arcee gave Ioa a pat on the back before walking back to her original place. Ratchet turned to her and spoke.

"The war ravaged everyone Ioa, but know that although you were forced to be with the Decepticons, your spark is of an Autobot, kind and compassionate. You've prevailed for the greater good. Never give up on that Ioa, understand?" he said, as Ioa nodded. She was crying again, which made Ratchet nervous. "I didn't mean to make you cry-" he panicked but she only shook her helm.

Ioa was crying tears of joy, for she has finally found a place she can call home. "Thank you everyone..." she said wiping her tears as they all cheered happily.

Seeing that the situation was lighten up, Miko went to see her. "H-Hey Ioa? I'm sorry for making you sad."she said, dragging one of her feet on the ground. Ioa only nodded and smiled sadly. "It's okay Miko, you didn't know." She said, forgiving Miko. Miko with the help of Bulkhead went and hugged Ioa's digits which Lightblade returned by pressing her other digits on Miko's head softly. Miko then went back to the human lounge along with Jack and Raf, but not before the two kids went and gave her digits a hug too. "Get well soon Ioa." Raf said before being picked up by Bumblebee and taken to the lounge.

Feeling a bit better, Ioa tries to get up only to have Ratchet holding her down, nagging at her once more. "Lightblade I swear to Primus stay down! Your wounds aren't healed young femme! This is my medical berth, my rules! Stay down or I'll make sure you will!" he threatened, making Ioa instantly lift her servos in surrender and laid down quietly. "Rest for now Lightblade." Optimus said before going off somewhere, letting Ioa have her rest.

A/N: WOOO BOY WAS THAT A RIDE! Also Ratchet's scaryyyyy! I tried making this chapter a bit sad but not too sad so idk lemme know down in the comments! Anways, don't worry! The exciting and fun part are coming soon so stay tune okay? As always, stay safe and healthy! Enigma signing out.