Second Meeting

Satoru was eight when he was able to venture out of the family state for the first time on his own

Satoru was eight when he was able to venture out of the family state for the first time on his own. His family trusted his abilities and claimed him their strongest despite the many threats that will be thrown his way because of their arrogance. Satoru wasn't delusional. He knew that to gain the respect of the other clans, he would have to prove himself as soon as he

enters the technical school. But for now, he was allowed some time to himself.

The city didn't scare him. He was used to the bustling crowds, the hurried steps of strangers as they headed to work. His favourite place to hang out particularly was the arcades. He loved these claws machines. Not because they were fun. They were quite ridiculous and cash-grabbing if he had to be honest. But he liked the attention. He liked the despair in the owner's eyes as Satoru wins prizes after prizes despite the machines being tricked. He thrived on being a little 'piece of shit' as they would so colourfully describe the boy as he parades around with his prizes in small arms.

However, that day the arcade appeared to be closed. Satoru could tell there were faint traces of curse energy lingering around. 'A curse attack,' Satoru huffs. His shoulders sagged as he realises his favourite playground has been destroyed and won't be open again to the public for a while. 'So much for a fun day,' the young master thought bitterly.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realise it when someone crept up behind him and tapped his shoulder. The boy jumped at the gesture. He was trained to always be aware of his surroundings, so how-

''And so we meet again, Gojo.''

'The girl from the pond,' for an instant, Satoru tried to recall her name but then remembered that she never gave him her name. He only knew her as that 'emotionless girl'.

''Seems like your favourite playground is closed. What are you planning to do now?''

She seems more chatty than before but her eyes were just as unnerving as before. Most annoying though. He bitterly notes that she is not wearing heels but still appears to be taller than him.

''Come on. If you have nothing to do, you can accompany me to that bakery. They sell the most delicious eclair in Tokyo.'' She points to a small quaint bakery. Satoru says nothing, merely deciding to follow the girl. The young master Gojo Satoru was too embarrassed to ask what an 'eclair' was. He refused to admit that the girl knew more than him.

As they wait at the table for their turn, occasionally getting whispers thrown at them from the other patrons, he realises he still doesn't know her name. ''Hey. What's your name?''

The girl looks up from the menu. ''Hmm? You can just call me (y/n). I don't care much for my family name.''

'Of course, you wouldn't.' While he didn't know much about the girl, he could tell she didn't hold her family or the elders for that matter in high esteem.

When the waitress came to take their order, the girl ordered the 'eclairs'. Because Satoru never heard of them and he didn't want to make a fool of himself in front of the girl, he just told the waitress to give him the same cakes as (y/n).

''Have you ever had eclairs, Gojo?''

''If I'm calling you by your first name, you might as well call me Satoru.''

''Sure. So?''

Satoru stays silent, pondering on his options. He couldn't see anything worth diverting her attention to. Begrudgingly, the boy shook his head.

As the girl chuckles lightly at the red blush on his face, he swears he heard the chiming of bells. It was beautiful.