Fifth Meeting

Satoru once more wanted to insult the elders

Satoru once more wanted to insult the elders. It was the norm for him and the Gojo Household at this point. He would insult them then get grounded.
However, now was not the time to be grounded. He had a battle to win. He was fourteen when the elders decided to tell him about an arranged marriage with another clan's daughter.
Apparently, their respective clans already agreed on their engagement since he was six. However, they didn't tell him anything because they feared he would make the girl run away in tears if they arranged a meeting when he was a mere insolent boy (not that he changed much). Therefore they would make sure to officially cement the engagement before he had the chance to flee to Tokyo High. If they needed to drag him by the ear to the meeting which will cement his fate, then so be it. They didn't underestimate Satoru's ability to argue. In fact, to every argument he had, they had a concise answer.

Satoru #1: ''I'm too young. I don't understand love. I don't think I'm mature enough to love someone.''

Elders: ''Trust us, we know, boy. That is why we picked a girl with enough maturity to understand and forgive your antics.''

Satoru 0 - Elders 1

Satoru #2: ''I'm a philanderer.''

Elders: ''That's fine, boy. You are allowed to have mistresses. Every clan head has at least one. We will all understand.''

Satoru 0 - Elders 2

Satoru #3: ''I have an allergy to girls. They give cooties.''

Dad: ''Don't worry, son. This allergy will pass as soon as your hormones hit you.''

Satoru 0 - Dad 1

Ridiculous. Satoru sulks as he sits into the designated room in which his meeting with his fiancee (beurk) will take place. He stabs a piece of strawberry cake as he waits for his betrothed, angrily munching on the poor strawberry which didn't ask this fate. He swears he will break the engagement as soon as he is eighteen and officially moved out of the Gojo Household. 'We'll see then who can decide his fate,' he grumbles in his mind as he munches on a poor strawberry angrily. He will show them all that the only one allowed to choose his betrothed is him, and himself alone. Besides, if they still insisted on forcing him to marry, he had a perfect candidate in mind. (Y/n).

If he had to choose someone with whom he would have to stay with for the whole duration of his life, then he would rather have her. She was fun to be around. And they could wreak havoc in his household. A most suitable and worthy bride for someone of his calibre. She regularly spoiled him with sweets, understood his jokes, wasn't annoyed when he decided to spam her with countless messages as soon as he received his phone, and most important out of everything else, she didn't give him cooties (Yes, Satoru is childish like that. He will never admit that he ran out of argument against the elders concerning his engagement). Just really bad palpitations which made him swear one day he will die of a heart attack. But hey! At least he would die after having tasted all the sweets that she would share with him during their married life!

''Will you eat all the cake? At least leave some to your poor fiancee.''

That voice.

''If you eat everything on your own, I won't be buying you any more buns next time.''

''You are my fiancee?''

''Seems like even the gods are against you on this one, Satoru. What did you do to them in your previous life for them to curse you like so? They want you to suffer even in your marriage.''

He wouldn't admit it back then because his pride held him back. But his prayers were answered.

Bonus

''You see, son. Girls don't give cooties, now do they? They just make you sleep on the couch if you make them mad.''

''Dad!'' 

But his father and mother weren't going to let him live that down. Oh no. They brought it up every second they could. Worse. They told (Y/n) about this when she came to have dinner at their house a few weeks after their 'official' meeting.