Fourth Meeting

Satoru swears under his breath

Satoru swears under his breath. He hated physical training. It was obviously clear that the twelfth-year-old was not good at physical training. He was naturally skinny. Building muscle mass took time and before he could do what his trainers are asking of him, it would at least take a few more years. ''What a fucking joke.''

The boy threw a dirty glance at the tree trunks in the Gojo garden. He sat against one of them, deciding to take a little break from the rigorous training. He couldn't wait to leave the household at this point. He wonders if (Y/n) will attend Tokyo High. He sure hopes so. It would suck if her clan decides to be dick heads and enrol her in Kyoto School. After their third meeting in the park, they promised each other that they would both enrol in Tokyo High. That way, both could overthrow their respective clan's traditions. He couldn't wait to be sixteen finally. But for now, he will have to bide his time. He will have to train and become stronger. That way, (Y/n) will take him seriously. He could still remember his easily embarrassed unusual behaviour with the girl. She was the only one who could get such a reaction out of him. He swears that this ability to make him so easily flustered comes from her clan's abilities. That was the only excuse the boy could have as he stared at the sky. He was so in deep thoughts that he didn't notice a plastic bag being thrown onto his lap. It's only when he felt the weight and how warm his lap was that he looked down. 'Buns?'

''Thought you might be starving after all this heavy lifting, pretty boy.''

The boy, no longer surprised by the girl's sudden appearance, just grinned up at her. There she was, sitting idly on a solid tree branch above his head, a bun in her hand.

''You know that could count as trespassing right?''

''Oh? Then I should revoke your rights to the buns I so carefully picked from the merchant on my way here. I heard this was their special.'' She faked a sad pout. Satoru shook his head, before digging in the bag for his treat.

(Y/n) wasn't kidding. It was like no other buns he had before. It was sweet but not overbearingly so. He devoured the bun, as the girl chuckled above him. After finishing the whole five buns, he looked up at (Y/n) pleadingly. She still had another half portion of her bun. Teasingly, (Y/n) made a grand gesture of biting into the other half, closing her eyes and savouring it.

The moment of savouring her own bun was interrupted however as the boy quickly appeared on the branch. 'I'm finally taller than her.' he notes as he bit down at the same exact place that (Y/n) ate from. The girl watches amused as the boy hums happily. However, as soon as he swallowed, she mercilessly said, ''You know, we technically just shared an indirect kiss right now. You bit on the same side that I did. Can I tell my friends I kissed the oh-so coveted and beloved Satoru?''

Satoru's eyes widened at that. And then, he tripped. He lets out a high pitch yelp, as he braces for the fall. 'How embarrassing,' Satoru thought as (Y/n) held his hand to prevent him from making a further fool of himself, 'God, just make me disappear already.'

The girl's laughter was worth every embarrassment that he suffered though as he swore he once more heard the chiming of bells as she threw her head back and laughed freely.