𝗢𝗡𝗘.

"how long has it been since you've actually spoken to someone, that you actually wanted to talk to

"how long has it been since you've actually spoken to someone, that you actually wanted to talk to."

closing time was always quiet

closing time was always quiet. the rest of the employees at the boutique always left hours before her. but y/n always stayed behind to finish up new designs and help the occasional customer that comes in. she didn't resent her peers for leaving her to close up every time. in fact, she started to enjoy it.

in the daytime, mondstadt was loud and bustling with happiness. but during the night, it had become still and quiet. sometimes a wandering drunkard would ruin the tranquility of the night. but it's not mondstadt without an array of drunks. the young woman would usually go home immediately after closing the boutique. she wasn't one for wasting her time doing other things.

however, she recently found herself battling against insomnia. whenever she tried to sleep she ended up staying wide awake. for hours she would stare at the ceiling and count sheep to no avail. her restless nights began to take a toll on her. slight mistakes in her stitching, an inability to focus and a cranky mood. so to get back to her normal life, one filled with lots of sleep, she decided to do something different tonight.

instead of going home she was going to take a walk around mondstadt. hopefully walking around the city would tire her out. y/n dusted her clothes off, made sure the boutique was locked, and began her walk around town. there wasn't much to say about it. it was the same as any other night. the one change was that she was strolling around. she passed by the blacksmith. he was working late into the night. he was grumbling about having to finish a new sword for the traveler.

ahead was flora's flower shop. flora had already left for the night but y/n noticed donna still there. donna looked like she was waiting for someone to come by. a few more steps ahead was the angel's share. just from walking past it outside, she could hear chatter from the inside. there was also music playing. y/n could only assume it was six-fingered josé playing it. at the tables outside the tavern was a drunk bard. she could recognize that bard anywhere. he was mondstat's best known bard after all.