ii/ Executing the escape

MY PLAN IS SET

MY PLAN IS SET. I'm ready to escape. To relish freedom.

It's three days after my father's 'heart to heart' conversation with me and my finding of his decision to get me married.

My feet hit the soft grass as I make my way towards the graveyard. This place, it holds someone very dear to me. Even if they are gone. I stop in front of a grey gravestone and kneel down. My fingers touch the name carved on it.

Veronika Georgina Capri
A loving mother

A tear slips out of the corner of my eye. "Mamma," I whisper. "I'm doing it today. What you've always wanted me to. I'm going to be free tonight mom. I'm leaving this— this sick world daddy made for us. But I'm not like you mami. I'm not gonna give it away. I'm going to run. I love you."

I wipe away my tears till I reach the mansion. It's like a palace really. "Marcella," my father calls. How does he always track me down in this huge place? I turn around to find him standing at the entrance of his study. He stays in it much longer than his own room for sure.

"Where were you?" he asks, taking a sip from his evening coffee. A coffee addict.

"Visiting mami," I reply. "Why?" he raises his eyebrow.

"Because I always visit her on Friday" I say, raising my eyebrows as if saying 'where have you been the past three years of my life?'. "It's the day she was born on."

"Mmhm," he says as he recalls my habits. I don't think he ever bothered to even visit her grave. Even though it was in the mansion's gardens. "But now you're going somewhere I presume?"

"Yes,'' I smile. Good, keep it natural Ella. "Clubbing," I say motioning to my dress. It was a beige coloured spaghetti strap, backless body-con dress with a semi-deep neckline. Definitely giving a run for daddy's money. I paired it up with a Gucci handbag. A big one at that.

"But you don't have any friends," he shrugs. "Who are you going with?"

"I don't have friends right now, daddy," I respond with a smile. "But I will for the night. And then not again tomorrow," I say, spinning on my heels before sending a wink his way.

"Take Gavinchi with you," he says, snapping his finger before his bodyguard follows me. "Thank You daddy," I called out. Step one, done.

The night club is packed. Not that I'm surprised. Rich people usually want to let it out on a Friday night. "Gavinchi," I say to the huge man beside me. "You can stay here."

"But sir instructed to keep close to you," he protests in a ruff voice. I roll my eyes. "Yes, but sir didn't tell you to not let me have fun. Imagine what would happen if I told him you were a party popper. And you're close enough anyways," I say waving my hand in the air. "We're in the same room."