iii/ Catching Her

MagicalPixel69 this is for you😉 thank you for the tremendous support you've always given me💜

"YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT MARCELLA—the daughter of the mafia boss, escaped?" I growl at my informant

"YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT MARCELLAthe daughter of the mafia boss, escaped?" I growl at my informant.

I'm seething with anger. I can see the fear written on my informant's face by just watching the anger burn inside me. "How is that even possible? Wasn't there security? Didn't Giovanni tell us she's always surrounded by his men?"

"He did and she was," he answers. "The last person who saw her was Giovanni's best muscle man. He was guarding and waiting for her outside the restrooms. She escaped from it." I clench my desk so hard, my knuckles go white.

"You're telling me my future-wife escaped from a ladies restroom?" I ask, so blinded by rage that I'm seeing black spots. I had a deal with Giovanni. I was going to marry his daughter as he was going to pass on his chair to her. I would indirectly rule the underworld through my beloved wife. "Did she know about the wedding?" I further inquire.

Why now did she choose to run away? After all these years of undoubted torture she must've gone through because of Giovanni, why did she choose to run now; when our marriage deal had just been drawn? So many unanswered questions and possibly only one woman who knew the answer— Marcella herself.

"Giovanni's right hand says he, you and Giovanni himself were the only ones who knew unless you further shared the news," he responds. There is no way she got to know about it. The only person I told was my best friend.

"Invite Giovanni's best muscle man and him for a formal dinner," I instruct. "Let them know I'm not very happy about this situation."

~*~

My hands burn from the amount of punching I did. The gym at my house holds a punching bag which is now torn at places. I put all my anger out on it.

I remove the gloves from my hands and head to the shower I also installed in the gym. The hot water hits my tense muscles, immediately relaxing them. But nothing can relax my mind. My dreams ran away when Marcella did. She was my only chance for ruling the underworld and now she's gone. Well, except killing Giovanni but I'm sure he already has a contract signing the responsibility to his daughter.

"Dude," my best friend walks inside the gym where I am currently in, seated on a bench drying my hair. "I found her." My ears perk up at his sentence.

"What?" I ask.

"I found Marcella," he repeats taking a seat beside me. If there is anyone whom I trusted to find her was Chris. He was a genius. Always had been.

He opens his laptop which he carried and shows me a small red marking of her location. "Is that...?" I ask warily.

"Oahu," he confirms.

"How the fuck did she manage to get to Oahu unnoticed?" I wonder aloud.

"She was probably undercover," Chris says. "But check this out: she's staying in a cabin that's apparently on her name. She's got different debit cards and everything. She went in well planned."

"If it was this well planned then how did you find her?" I ask.

He grins at me proudly. "She got a new phone and entered her previous ID but disabled it as soon as she realised. I was luckily digging when it happened."

"You are amazing man," I say and slap his shoulder. "I owe you."

"So what are you going to do about it?" he asks. "Send in people to get her?"

"No," I shake my head. "I need to get her to trust me. Otherwise she won't do as I say. How many people know about this?"

"You and me," he replies.

"Then we're getting a ticket to Oahu for me."

Edit: Did you like this chapter?

I know, it's a short chapter. But as I said in the introduction, I'm not really planning them out. I go with the flow so there will be a fluctuating word range. Plus I realised the first part of the chapter I'd previously written were shorter than the latter so that might be a problem.

I update daily so please try to stick around.

Click on the little star if you ever want to go to Hawaii.