vi/ Surfing in realities

ELLA WAS ANGELIC

ELLA WAS ANGELIC. Her eyes were the most amazing green and her hair, hell I wanted to run my fingers down those brown-but-almost-black locks.

Her frame was petite—around five four. I towered at least a foot over her. But her body was so perfect. She wasn't skinny but not fat either. Just the perfect slim. She had the perfect amount of curves. And her voice — it was as soft and melodious as a nightingale.

I open my laptop and facetime Chris. That idiot better be awake now. "Hey man," he says, shoving chips down his throat. Till date I don't understand how Chris is as fit as he is. I've never seen anyone eat more junk than him.

"Hey," I say. "I just had my first interaction with Ella. Did you know, Giovanni had actually sent us an older picture because she looks nothing like the girl in the picture. She's a freaking angel, Chris."

"You sure you met the right girl?" he asks.

"Yes," I roll my eyes at him.

"Any news if Giovanni found her location?" I ask.

"About that,'' he says sitting straighter. I call this the serious Chris posture. "I personally met Giovanni. He's not looking for her."

"What do you mean?" I ask with confusion.

"He's not looking for Marcella. He doesn't give a flying shit about her disappearance. He said she was a pain in his butt anyways so it's a good thing she ran away."

"What the hell?" I ask. "Isn't she like his sole heir? What about the underworld empire?"

"He says he's not thinking about passing anytime soon."

"But it's tradition!" I growl, slapping my bedside table hard.

"I know. He says either Marcella returns and takes over or he's not passing until he's dead. Tradition or not."

"We have to act fast," I say. "We need to make a counter offer. I need to get my hands on the empire. Bringing Ella back is not going to be easy."

"Yeah," he hums in agreement. "And Ella? Since when are you two buddies?"

"We're not," I reply. "She just goes by Ella."

"Whatever," he says. "I'm trying to figure out what Giovanni is planning. Surely, he won't sit idle. I'm sure he wants his mafia princess back. I mean, mafia princes or not, she's his daughter. He's gotta be worried for her right?"

"I hope you're right," I say. "Anyways, I'm going to wait a week before I start asking slightly personal questions. I'm going to go slow but make sure she trusts me fast enough."

"Okay," he responds. "Hey, Valerie was asking about you. She stopped by the office yesterday."

I roll my eyes at the mere thought of that clingy girl. Sure, we dated for three months and she was my shot at a stable relationship but after a month we both knew it wasn't going anywhere. We just stuck around together for pleasure and we both cheated on each other.

"Tell her it's not her business," I say. It wasn't. We decided not to be together two months ago. Just friends with benefits. "And that I won't be back anytime soon."

"Sure man," he says. "Keep me updated on Ella," he says with a smirk. "Just not at five am for the love of god."

"Get lost," I say, shutting my computer screen. Time to hit the beach.

There's a knock on my door around five in the evening. I open it to see Ella draped in a white see-through pull over. Holy hell. She's wearing a white bikini underneath and I'm trying my hardest to not check her out. She smiles at me and gives me a wave. There's a huge blue tote bag hanging over her shoulder and a straw hat on her little head. And a surfboard tucked under her arm.

"Hey," she chirps. "Ready to go?" When a beautiful hot girl asks absolutely anything, your mind is never in a conscious state to even grasp the question. So I nod like the idiot I am even though I forget to get my keys. Which I realised later on just be clear.

"You surf?" I ask, amused. What can't she do? Running away from home and surfing in Oahu— that shit's super cool.

"Um," she ponders. "Not exactly. You'll see."

She lays down a blanket on the sand and I place the huge umbrella over her head as he sits down on the blanket. "Why are you doing that?" she asks, pointing to my hands which are digging some sand out. I form a cake around the end of the umbrella's stick and sit down beside her.

"That way if there's a breeze, it won't fly away. My day always did that," I explain. She smiles at me and sighs.

"Must be nice to go to the beach with your dad huh?"she asks.

"You've never gone to the beach with your dad?" I ask. How shitty of a father was Giovanni?

"No," she shakes her head.

"Why?" I ask. Do I ask a lot of questions?

"He was always busy with work. Never really had any time for me or my mom. And when she died, I didn't really have a parent anymore," she elaborates. Right, her mother died in an accident. I'm not a momma's boy or anything but I can't imagine my life without my mom.

"I'm sorry," I say. "I can somehow empathise. My dad died of cancer pretty early. But it's not the same losing your mom as losing your dad. They both have such important but different roles in our lives." She nods her head in understanding.

I had completely isolated myself when dad died. That's actually how I got into the mafia business— after my dad's death, to help my mom with the house. We weren't really that well to do before.

"I'm gonna go surf," she declares suddenly, a smile on her face. Like she can't wait to touch the ocean. She stands up, pulling her dress off her head. I try keeping my eyes to myself but it's an exceptional amount of self control. Marcella Capri is hot. No one can deny that.

"There's an extra surfboard in the store house of the area," she says, pointing at the small cabin at the side of the pathway we walked through to get here. "Why don't you go grab it?"

"On it princess," I say with a mock salute, a teasing smile grazing my face. She sticks her tongue out at me before starting her walk towards the water. I stare at her for a few seconds before turning around and starting towards the cabin.

It's going to be hard keeping my hands to myself. Actually, every body part to myself. I realise that my mission is going to be harder than I thought. It's not easy trying to befriend Ella when she's practically a goddess and not catch feelings for her.

But I do like challenges. And I'm one hell of a contender in games. And I'm going to win this one.

 And I'm going to win this one

Edit

QOTD: how many of y'all are re-readers? Or have started reading through my re-uploads? (Basically, please comment "me" if you see this question)

Whom do you like more so far—Adriano or Ella?

Click on the star and make a wish💜