Chapter 18

Lewis' POV
I have a terrible feeling something bad happened to Molly today, I just do. A cold chill ran down my spine when I got Molly's message about not being able to come over here anymore. This had to change. Molly needed help and I was going to give it to her. So I plan on making a dinner for Molly and her mum. Maybe things will go good after that. Hopefully.

October 9, 2020
I'm not the best cook ever, but I tried my hardest to make this meal perfect for Molly and her mum. I made some fried chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. Who doesn't like a country style dinner. Hopefully her mum isn't vegan or something. I'm kind of a nervous wreck right now because, for Molly's sake. I'm scared of what might happen to her if her mum never allows me to see her again. Calm yourself Lewis.
I put the food onto three plates and tried to make the table to neat and beautiful as possible. I even lit candles which is something I never do. Since I'm single and live alone.
I put on some decent clothes. Not my usual hoodie and sweatpants. A nice jumper and a good pair of jeans with no holes in them. I even did my hair.
When I heard the knock at the door, my heart started to race. Hear we go, don't mess this up Lewis. Molly is counting on you

Molly's POV
I was on my knees begging my mum to go to Lewis' for dinner. After so many nos, she finally said yes. But she told me that after the dinner I am not to speak to him again. It made me a little sad to hear her say that but I knew Lewis could convince her to let me see him.
That night I PUT ON A DRESS. I never do that. I have nothing against dresses, it's just I haven't worn on since I was 8. Well, 8 is when I started showing signs of depression. This dress was a gift from a teacher I had a while back. It had sleeves so you couldn't see the cuts on my arm. Wait, I haven't told you the story about my teacher yet. I should probably do that.
My 6th grade teacher's name was Mrs. White, and she was the best woman ever. She was my science teacher and treated her students like actual people. She never raised her voice, never gave so much homework, helped students who were struggling instead of getting mad and called them lazy. She was the only teacher to notice Ava's bullying, and did her best to try and stop it. She couldn't do much since the principal didn't care about it. But she told Ava and her friends that if they ever hurt me again, she would give them ASD (After School Detention). So for a while the bullying wasn't so bad. They would say a bad thing to me here and there and I could deal with it. And she was the only person to notice my depression. She confronted me about it and we had a long talk after school. She was the only person I talked to about this and let me know that my feelings matter. She was the first and only person I showed my cuts to. After that she sent me to the counselor who told me mum. Of course my mum didn't believe I had depression. She said that I had no reason to be depressed and that she should be grateful that she was there for me. Mrs. White then bought me this dress to wear to dance, she said she would be there to keep me company. But she didn't. Only a week before the school dance she was killed in a car accident, two months before school for out. Everything got worse after that. Ava and her friends started hardcore bullying me again, because they knew Mrs. White wasn't there to punish them. I didn't go to school dance, what would I do there. So this dress has been sitting in my closet for about a year. I still fit into it because I don't eat.
Before we were ready to go I saw my mom wearing a hoodie and jeans.
"Mum, shouldn't you wear something nice to the dinner." I said calmly.
My mum angrily walked up to me and slapped me in the face.
"Don't be disrespectful to me young lady. I wear what I want ok."
"Yes ma'am." I said rubbing my cheek.
"I don't even want to go to this guy's house. I'm only doing it because you wouldn't shut up. Little bastard."
So me and my mom got in her car and drove off.
When we got there, I knocked on the door and Lewis answered it.
"Ah, Molly and Mrs. Danverson. It's you. Come on in."
My mom and I both stepped inside. His house smelled wonderful. I actually felt a little hungry that night.
"You both look beautiful." Lewis said. "Come in the kitchen and have a bite to eat."
We all stepped into the kitchen and I was so excited to eat. It was my favorite, fried chicken. When my grandma was still alive, she made fried chicken all the time. I gotta feeling that things may start getting better now. I may actually be happy again.
We all sat down at the table and started eating.
Then Lewis spoke up, this is was started it all.
"So, Ms. Danverson, why don't you want Molly to see me anymore."
"Because I feel you're a bad influence. My daughter goes over to your house and stays there for days. Your probably warping her mind into thinking she does have depression even though she doesn't. And how should I know you're not inviting her over here to suck you d*ck. I'm glad that I have Molly out of my hair, but I don't want her to become a complainer like she already is. She's an ungrateful little brat is what she is."
Lewis just looked over at my mum with a shocked expression on his face. And I had anger boiling up in me, and all of a sudden, all of the feeling I kept inside of me for over 5 years came spewing out.
"You know what mum, I have depression because of you. I've been on my own since I was 7 years old and in that time do you know how many times I've almost killed myself. There have been days that I've been starving but we haven't had any food that I could prepare by myself. There have been days I've gone without taking a shower, brushing my teeth, I can't remember the last time I've been to the dentist. I've been sick so many times but can't do anything about it, because I have no one who will take care of me and take me to the doctor. You're neglectful, you hear. You won't believe me when I say I'm bullied even though I terribly am. I can't talk to anyone about my feeling because I don't have any friends and you won't listen to me. Talking to you is like talking to a wall. Plus, you and Micheal treat me like a dog and if I'm not perfect, Micheal hits me. Micheal expects so much from me that I can't provide to him because I'm not God. I just can't stand you mum. And no, I'm not sucking Lewis' genitalia. But I've seen you suck Micheal's. Yeah, you guys have sex in front of me all the time. I hear it almost everyday. But you don't care, you never did. You're the reason I'm a mess."
My mum looked at me dead in the eye and hit me the hardest she ever has. I lost my balance and fell to the floor. Lewis ran over to my side to make sure I was ok and help me up. I just looked up at him with teary eyes then got up and made a mad dash to the door. I sat on the front step and sobbed into my hands. I couldn't take this anymore. Every time is seems like my life is getting better something terrible happens. I can't go on like this. I have to end it.

Lewis' POV
Ok, I'm tired of this woman. After hearing what Molly said, I know I have to take care of Molly from now on. Her mum doesn't seem fit to do it.
"She is an ungrateful little sh*t. After all I've done for that bastard." She said.
I just looked over at her and said something that I'll never regret saying.
"How can you say that. You've done nothing for her besides give her misery. You stripped her of a childhood, don't you understand that. Your her mum, you're not supposed leave her on her own or say she's faking her feelings or accuse her of lying about being bullied, even though she is, or have sex in front of her. You just can't do those things. She's 12 years old, she's not supposed to be crying right now wherever she is, she's supposed to play video games, go shopping, listen to music, do her friends nails, have her friends do her hair, watch Nickelodeon, eat ice cream, laugh. But she can't do those things because of you. Maybe if your child says she's being bullied, you should talk to the principal about it, or enroll her into a new school where she can actually make friends. You are a terrible mother, and Molly doesn't deserve you. Molly is not a brat or a bastard like you say she is, she's a very nice young girl."
I went over to drawers and pulled out a knife and tried to go outside went outside.
"Where are you going?" She asked as I touched the doorknob.
"I'm going to find Molly, she's going to stay with me for now on. And if you try to call the police for kidnapping, me and Molly with just tell them about you neglecting and abusing her sexually."
As I got outside, I saw Molly on the first step to the porch, and she was crying.
I sat down beside her and pulled her into a hug.
"Everything is going to be ok now Molly. You're not going back to your mom's house, you're going to stay with me from now on."
"R-Really?"
"Yeah, we're going back to my place now to get your stuff, come one."
We both stood up and went for my car. But that knife I got earlier, I used it to slash Molly's mum's tires so she can't follow us.
After that we went to her house and while Molly was getting her stuff together, I called the police on Molly's mum, for child endangerment.
Once Molly got all her stuff together we went back to my place, my police were driving away from my house so I guess that they already have picked her up.
Me and her went inside. Molly took and shower and we got into our pajama and we got on my couch and played some FNAF Help Wanted on my Switch. Molly didn't say much that after that. But after the night she just had, I don't blame her.