Chapter 9

September 25, 2020
Molly's POV
Micheal came over again last night. They were drunk, like really drunk. They made a lot of noise. They were yelling, breaking glasses, playing loud music, and doing the devil's tango. I didn't get any sleep that night. So I was extremely tired the next day at school. I couldn't fall asleep in class or I'd get yelled at.
While I was walking home from school my phone vibrated.

Lewis: Hey, want to come over again today?

Me: Sure, why not.

Lewis: You know where I live right?

Me: Yeah

Lewis: Alright, see ya

Instead of walking home like I usually do. I walked to Lewis' house.

I knocked on the door and waited for him to answer.

The door opened. "Oh, hey Molly. Come inside.

I walked inside of his house and he closed the door.

"How was your day?"

"I was tired all day. I didn't get any sleep last night."

"Oh, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just, couldn't sleep."

"Are you ok now?"

"Yeah, I'm not really tired anymore."

"Alright. Let's play go play some video games then."

Lewis' POV
Molly seemed weird today. She had bags under her eyes and looked like she hadn't slept in a while. She told me that she couldn't sleep. But I don't think that was the case. I know she's hiding something. But I didn't push her to tell me. She can tell me on her own time.
We played video for a while. Until I looked at the time and saw it was 6:00. She has been out for a while. I wonder why her mum isn't calling her. I don't care if she says for a while. Heck, she could spend the night if she wanted to. I just wonder why her mum doesn't care.

"Hey Molly. I was wondering if you would maybe want to stay the night. If you want to."

"Uh, sure. But, where would I sleep?"

"You can sleep on the couch. I have extra blankets you can use. We're going to have so much fun. We're gonna paint our nails, do our hair, do Tik Tok dances, and maybe call that boy you like." I joked.

Molly laughed.

After I while I decided to take a shower.

"I'll be right back Molly. I'm gonna take a shower. You can just stay here and play some more video games." I sat my controller down and headed to the bathroom.

After I took a shower I ran a comb through my head and put on an old t-shirt with a pair of sweatpants.

When I went back to the living room I saw that Molly was fast asleep on the couch. She really was tired.

I grabbed a blanket from the other end of the couch and put it over top of her.

I turned off the TV and grabbed my laptop. I sat on a chair right next to the couch and did some editing for a video. I wanted to be there in case Molly woke up. I know who weird it is to wake up at somebody else's house in the middle of the night.