Ms. Maximoff

Tuesday morning, with your vow to impress your new boss fresh in mind, you arrived at Stark Industries twenty minutes early. Natasha's closed door told you she was not to be disturbed-you knew this from a highlighted note left by Grace. You slunked into your office chair sheepishly, annoyed that her being early made you late.

Your computer dinged with a message almost immediately.

Ms. Romanoff

Welcome back, Ms. Stark.

You stared at the blinking box on Grace's computer. Did she think you wouldn't return?

Admin

Thank you. Can I get you coffee or anything?

Ms. Romanoff

Got it already.

You read the message twice. Tomorrow you would just have to arrive early enough to have her coffee waiting for her. When she didn't continue, you picked up on Grace's list where you'd left off the night before.

Ms. Romanoff

Which color is Ann Taylor today?

You blinked down to your blouse and touched the top button. That she'd noticed your outfit at all made you flush, but now you were sure she hadn't liked it.

Admin

Green.

Ms. Romanoff

I suppose Grace failed to note that I'm extremely detail oriented.

Admin

She didn't. I'm sorry. It's light green. Not forest. Like gold-ish.

Ms. Romanoff

So...pea-green.

You smiled to yourself. That was exactly how you would've described it.

Admin

Yes. It's ugly.

She laughed from behind the closed door. Causing a slight flutter in your stomach.

Ms. Romanoff

I'll have the roast beef sandwich today.

Nothing came after that, so you opened Excel and began the tedious task of data entry. At some point you looked up to find June from reception hovering over your desk. Her pink blouse was far more fitted than mine, the button between her large breasts clinging for dear life.

"I need her lunch order," she said.

You glanced at the clock, surprised by the time. "The usual from around the corner."

"Cool. Some of us are going to O'Brady's in an hour. Want to come with?"

"I have plans, but thank you." You said.

She shrugged. "Okay."

"Oh, and June?"

She stopped midway from leaving me to my tasks, "Yeah?"

"Is Ms. Maximoff here? I was told I should introduce myself to her but she wasn't in her office yesterday."

"Oh yeah, she's on a business trip but should be arriving today."

You nodded a small thank you as she left. Just before noon, you knocked and entered Natasha's office, unpacking food onto her desk and trying not to listen in on her conference call. Before you could leave the room, she called after you, covering the mouthpiece. "You're a triple major, aren't you?"