Chapter 24

--Silverdust's P.O.V--

My eyes widened in fear as Oakfang swiped at me. Black lines swept across my face and I collapsed into the black void of unconsciousness.
~*~
--Oakfang's P.O.V--

I swiped my paw out, slashing across Silverdust's face. Blood welled out of the lines I'd made on her silver fur. Her eyes rolled to back of her head as her legs buckled. I sprang forward and quickly caught her, muffling any sound she could've made. After I checked to be sure that she really was unconscious, I flicked my tail, signaling my clanmates to come out of their hiding places.

"I still don't see why Shadowstar wants her." Larkflight grumbled before Fernshade silenced her with a glare.
And I don't know why Shadowstar sent Larkflight with us, I complained in my thoughts. She's not even part of the dark forest.

"Good job, Oakfang." Emberflame nodded to me. I twitched my tail in acknowledgement and stooped down to help Fernshade, Sweetflame and Larkflight lift Silverdust's body.

Emberflame glanced one last time at the small clearing of the MistClan camp before pushing though the hole we made in the thorn covered wall.

"Watch out MistClan..." I murmured to myself. "We're coming for you."
~*~
--Silverdust's P.O.V--

A bolt of white hot pain flashed through my head as I half opened my eyes.

"Is she okay?" A worried voice echoed through my thoughts.

"I... don't... might not... see tomorrow..." Came a slurred response. With a lot of effort, I switched my gaze from the dusty ground in front of me to a pair of faces looking down toward me. I could barely make out their fur colors... Silver and... gray? Another wave of agony split through my body as I moved my paw sideways. I slouched over and sunk into a world of dark pain once again.

I lifted my head. No pain stung my body, I decided to stand up.

Still no pain.

A cold dread seeped though my body as I recognized where I was.

"Oh please no." I begged to the warm air surrounding me.

"Silver."

I hadn't heard that version of my name in a long time.

I turned my head to see a familiar brown tabby standing in front of me.

"Violet?"
~~~~~~~~
I don't know why, but writing this started to break my feels...
And um, do you guys like this book very much?... Like, would you be sad/mad if I discontinued it?
I probably won't discontinue, but I just want to know if I actually have people who like my book.
See ya in the next chappie :3
~Silver