Chapter 10

I hesitate. I'm outnumbered four to one. It wouldn't be a fair fight. Should I accept his offer? I ask myself grimly.

A twig snapping interrupts my thoughts. I turn my head towards the sound. A warm green gaze meets mine.
Sparrowfeather.

I quickly look back to Shadow. He's quietly talking to Shade; he hadn't heard Sparrowfeather. Thank goodness.

Now more confident, I hiss to get Shadow's attention. "No, I won't join." I snarl and leap toward him. Sparrowfeather bursts out of his hiding place as I rake my claws across Shadow's face. Blood wells in the scratches, making Shadow hiss with pain. I stumble as claws suddenly sink into my old shoulder wounds. I yowl in pain and collapse, blackness clawing at the edge of my vision. I'm going to die.

Suddenly the weight disappears as the cat jumps off of me. Sparrowfeather faces the cat. They leap for each other and collapse into a screeching bundle of fur. Shadow regains focus. He lifts his head and glares at me with pure hatred. He leaps; aiming for my throat. A flash of brown tabby fur pushes me to the side, I stumble and fall. I whimper as I stand up shakily and look up.

Cloud lays at Shadow's paws with blood trickling down his unmoving body.
Cloud saved me?!

With a snarl, Shadow shoves Cloud's limp body away from him. His eyes narrow as Sparrowfeather stumbles to my side. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the strange tom collapse onto the ground. Shade and the she-cat are nowhere to be seen.

"This isn't over Silver." Shadow hisses as he realizes he's outnumbered. He flashes one last look at me and limps away; leaving a trail of blood.

I gasp for breath, now just realizing I had been holding it.

"I need to go." I whisper, my eyes slowly widening. "He's coming back for me." I turn to leave and find Sparrowfeather in my path.

"Come with me." His green eyes pleade with me as he talks. "Come join StormClan. I-I really like you... I mean, you're a nice cat a-and I really want to be with you."

I stand there, speechless. He likes me?

A mixture of happiness, fear and... love? Rush through me. "Sparrowfeather..." I murmer, not looking at him. "I'll come with you." I glance up to see joy in his eyes. "But I'm not promising that I'll stay." The joy flickers down a bit.

"Uh, anyway, follow me." He awkwardly meows. He turns back toward the area of forest I had been hunting in earlier and pads away. My feelings feel broken as I pad along behind him.
Sparrowfeather likes me?
But we just met today!
I kind of like him to...
No I don't!
Yes... I do? Not?

My shoulders ache and leaves crackle underneath my paws. Blood trickles down from my ear and I moan; louder than I ment to. Sparrowfeather looks back at me anxiously. His gaze switches to past me and his eyes widen in fear. Confused, I turn around and look. Shadow is running towards us with seven other cats following. Sparrowfeather's green gaze meets my blue. We take off running.

~~~
Man... Shadow is really out to get Silver, right? XD
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this shorter chapter.
~silver