Recaps of the Year, New Friends, and... a House-Elf?

Before I get started, today, May 2nd, marks the day that the Wizarding World was saved. Today marks the day the Wizarding War finally ended. 23 years ago today, Voldemort was killed by our own beloved Harry Potter. While it is a day of celebration, it is also a day of great loss. Although we won the battle, we lost many to it. Fred, Remus, Tonks, Lavender, the many students at Hogwarts who sacrificed their lives in battle and many others. A part of us died with them but they live forever in the pages of those books. Also, let today serve as a remembrance to Helen McCrory, without whom we would never have gotten to see Narcissa Malfoy come to life on the screen. So wands up for those who lost to win the battle, and have a butterbeer in celebration of our win, and to commemorate those who fought. As Sirius Black once said, "You think the dead we loved ever truly leave us?"

Alright I'm done crying now.. maybe not. Now onto the very long chapter.

_______________

The school year passed quickly, too quickly, and the summer holidays arrived. Both kids a year older and already school sick after being home for a week. 

Over the summer, Rianne and Harry could not shut up about their school year. Both quite eventful, Rianne's was not as life-risking as Harry's, but still. The first day back, when they were picked up from their platforms, they were already dreading having to see each other during dinner that evening. 

Rianne, to everyone's surprise, had made the front page of the Daily Prophet and all magazines and newspapers in France from her big debut at Milan's Spring show. That being months ago, many more small shows followed during the rest of the school year, and by the time June rolled around, she was in the top 5 young models of France. Rianne had already given her interview for that particular section of the French magazine and had amazed everyone by how natural she was- barely wore makeup, her voice like silk, graceful and elegant in the way she carried herself, and her kindness towards the reporter who kept grilling her was impeccable. 

So it was no surprise really when the moment she got out of the carriage, she was immediately being bombarded by the paparazzi and reporters rapidly speaking and asking questions in rapid French at the platform in France. Merlin knows how they were even allowed in! The now twelve year old struggled her way through the platform under the cameras and very watchful eyes, with her friends trying to help her by pushing people out of the way to no success, until both Sirius and Remus had to practically threaten them away from the girl. It took a great deal of restraint for Sirius not to chase them away as a dog.

With the final threat of getting them fired, the last of the reporters left the platform and dispersed throughout Paris, hoping to get another glance at the Dupont-Black heiress, who now goes by Dupont in public to keep her name short. 

"Bloody hell people are nosy!" Sirius exclaimed as he watched the remaining reporters apparate away, taking absolutely no notice of the small group of boys waving at Rianne and walking away from her, the one twin going as far away from his sister, who was stuck by Rianne's side, until he had to reunite with her back at home. 

Rianne's friends, Marilyn Bernard, Clara Morin and Aveline Leroux, all stood by her, watching with disgusted faces at the spot the last photographer apparated away.

"People have no shame," Clara said in her thick French accent, clutching onto Rianne's arm as if she was going to disappear any moment.

Diverting their attention, Katrina took notice of the 3 girls protective stances.

"Bonjour. Je suis Katrina, la mère de Rianne. Ravi de vous rencontrer." she introduced herself in French. 

"Bonjour madame. I am Clara, ze is Aveline, et zes is Marilyn." The blonde introduced them all. Marilyn and Aveline shyly waved which amused Rianne at how shy they were around her parents.