Y1- Mirror Mirror

I show not your face but your heart's desire

_______________

Christmas was coming soon and anticipations were rising.

Back in Beauxbatons, the young heiress was awaiting her magazine from Milan which supposedly features next Spring's line up. The models at the school receive the copies weeks or so earlier to find out who would be in the next major line up, and the wait was eating her alive.

The last one had a collage of all the returning, new and young models from Beauxbatons and possible people for future runways. The boys and girls at the school were all tense for the final announcement. While Rianne had made a good impression, it did not ease her nerves.

It was a make or break act on her part, as all of last term's hard work determines the outcome. But Rianne had hope, that if she didn't make it for next spring, it would be next winter.

If neither, well... then she could expect becoming more of a failure like Harry.

But until then, she was enjoying the last week before break with her friends- exchanging presents, writing to her cousin, pranking the boys, making Madame Maxime's hair go gray early.... there may or may not have been an incident regarding some explosives in the dining hall.

What was once a highly decorated spectacle of a dining hall- made to look like 'Christmas in Rome', ended up becoming Christmas in doom, as the Abraxans had gotten their hands on some muggle explosive fireworks and thought it would be a great idea to light them up in 7 different places. All within the hall.

"I think we overdid it this time-" gasping for air, Rianne and Clara had broken apart from the rest of the group and found themselves located near the grand library after running for their lives as the hall was left to destruction.

Clara was hunched over, holding her knees in hopes to steady her breathing after running the marathon of her life. She shot her friend a look, "You think?"

Looking around the almost vacant corridor, Rianne asked, "Where do you think all the others landed?"

Clara tilted her head up to look down the silent hallway, "I have ze no clu." Her French accent quite prominent in English.

"Que pariez-vous, détentions ou expulsions?"

"Nous aurions de la chance de rester en vie jusquà Noël!"

Needless to say, after receiving the next month of detention, they know better now to blow them up elsewhere. Of course, none were to tell their parents as they did want to come back for next term.

It wasn't there first time getting in trouble, but there were such things as too much. After all, she did still want to continue modeling and too much trouble can jeopardize that... but that doesn't mean they don't take risks.

At this rate, the Abraxans could give the Marauders a run for their money.

Speaking of Harry being a failure, all he has done since Hagrid let it slip, is successfully fail at finding out who Nicholas Flamel is. Even with the help of Hermione.

Nonetheless, he didn't let a setback ruin his mood during the last week before he had to head home. While the prospect of returning to homecooked meals and ridiculous stories told by his father did seem exciting, he was not at all looking forward to meeting a certain Black again.

The time away from home gave him a much needed break from all the... Rianne.

The fact that she wasn't within a ten-mile radius nor a floo away made Hogwarts feel more like a home than ever. More so than his own home- it was absolute paradise for the boy.