26 || Ever Since New York

A/N: The picture above is the one Harry takes of Cherry in this chapter. Also there are mentions of drug addiction in the second part of the chapter, so make sure to skip if it makes you uncomfortable.

Three days after our disastrous confrontation with Emil, Harry once again shows up at my place to surprise me with an offer that one simply cannot say 'no' to: a whole day of hiking outside of Malibu, away from the city, paparazzi, but above everything else, out of my house that I had basically been imprisoned in for the last few weeks.

On any other day, I would play coy, if only to make him sweat a little more. Watching H bust his balls to make me agree to his silly ideas is so entertaining... Especially since he clearly doesn't mind the extra work; you can tell Harry Styles is a big fan of the chase.

This time though, it doesn't take him long to sway me at all. Perhaps it's because the whole Emil drama has drained me of all my willpower—it had been a real storm of emotions. Or maybe, Harry's irresistible charm has finally gotten to my head. Either way, I find myself agreeing right off the bat, and we soon set off for our little trip in Harry's Range Rover.

The drive itself is short and mostly uneventful... That is if you don't account for Harry's teasing, which has become unbearable ever since he had—in his own words—'saved' me from the big bad scary Emil. In true Harry fashion, he's painted himself as Prince Charming with me playing the role of his damsel in distress. Because of that, I am now forced to listen to his very exaggerated recount of the events: how he completely trashed Emil's face (even though he only got a single punch in); the way he'd barely suffered any consequences (the bruises on his face would tell otherwise); or how he had scared his opponent off with the sheer force of his 'massive muscles' (definitely not how I remember it).

By the time we reach the parking lot at the edge of the Zuma Canyon Trails, I am really close to tearing out my hair, and it shows. For the most part, my frustration manifests itself in the form of an annoyed scowl that Harry pays absolutely no mind to.

"C'mon princess, lighten up and stand over there so I can document your bunny ears for the future generations." He sounds chipper as he points to my colourful hair scarf. 

"First of all, there is literally nothing to photograph here except this ugly road," I complain. "Second, can you please stop with the name? Never thought I'd actually say this, but I miss 'Cherry'."

He ignores my nickname comment, instead ushering me to lean against the railing. "Yeah, and this is exactly why I need you to make this picture pretty."

Okay, fine, I admit this man has a way with words.

"Just do it fast," I say grumpily, my frown increasing when he grabs a long wooden stick from the ground which he then hands to me. Blinking a couple of times, I turn to stare at him like he'd grown two heads. "I should probably ask whatever I need this...thing...for, but I'm not sure if I actually want to know the answer."

"Humour the artist and his vision, okay? Welcome to the realities of a model's life."

With a deep sigh, I tilt my head back to let the sun warm my face only to hear a familiar snap of the camera going off. 

"Hey, I wasn't ready!" I shout after Harry, but he's already walking back towards our car, once again paying me no mind.

"The best ones are always unposed," he throws over his shoulder. "Now hurry up; we're tight on time and I have a lot in store for today."

He walks off before I get to ask him what that meant, although I have a strong inkling that he wouldn't have graced me with an answer anyway. 

It's not too long until I realise why.