Cherry's Letter #2

The plot thickens, or so they say

The plot thickens, or so they say. We're finally getting closer to the juicy bits. Attraction. Love. Passion. Drama. Betrayal. Heartbreak. All followed by my inevitable downward spiral.

The best ingredients for a proper romantic comedy, don't you think? How fitting, considering I am quite literally the main star of this flick. Although there is nothing humorous about our tale, especially the way it ends.

No one's ever claimed that we'll be getting our happy ending, though… or will we? Only time can give us the answer.

But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's still a lot we need to cover before we get to that part. 

Even a kid knows that every decent story needs its fair share of highs and lows. One would assume that getting nearly burned alive in my basement qualifies as hitting the rock bottom, but in reality, it was nothing. Not compared to everything that followed. But, it also marked the start of something different—the beginning of our 'high'.

So, without further ado, let's jump to the part where you officially became the first man ever to bring my rusted heart to life. You were nothing if not patient, chipping away my carefully assembled layers of fake confidence and, eventually, making my walls crumble.

Thanks to you, I started to breathe again. You were the reason the unfathomable happened—the reflection in my mirror was no longer causing me pain. For the first time in years, I stopped hating myself. You helped me accept who I am, and foolishly, I let you get in my head.

How naive of me.

Remember that day in the kitchen? We were dancing, like two characters plucked straight out of a movie—a corny one. It truly had taken you no longer than a couple of months to turn me into a bloody sap. It was right then and there that I finally gave in to you. I wish I could say it's the memory of our first kiss that still haunts me to this day, but what you did to me later was far worse.

Why, Harry? Why did you act like I was your everything that last night we shared together? Why did you show me what it's supposed to feel like to be with someone only to give me a rough wake up call right after?

I wish I could just rewind to early December of 2018. At that point in the story, we were still in Malibu, my house had quite literally just gone up in flames, with me nearly sharing its fate. You, of course, rushed back to me like some sort of a modern-day knight in shining armour. You do have the looks for it, I'll give you that.

You know what else you're excellent at? Distraction. There you were again—Harry Styles, swooping in to take me away in my most vulnerable state, when I was too preoccupied with my own drama to ask the relevant questions… to see what you'd been up to right under my nose.

In hindsight, I should have asked you about Paris. Maybe things would have ended differently if I had known the truth from the start. Maybe I would have seen it all from a different perspective. Maybe I would have felt less betrayed. Maybe I could have understood you better. There's a lot of 'maybes' and 'what ifs'.

But, none of it matters now. This isn't a movie; we can't hit the rewind button and ask the heroine to finally open her eyes. What's done is done.

And to think it all could have been avoided if only you weren't so goddamn determined. Yes, Harry… We both know your stubbornness was the true key to our demise. It seemed like there was nothing that could get in your way except for my last-ditch attempts to resist your charms.

That is until you were forced to face an unexpected obstacle in your path—a mad plot twist. Something none of us expected to happen. 

Competition. 

But who had the guts to steal Harry Styles' girl from under his nose? You know very well who, Harry. It was a man unafraid of a little rivalry, even with a heartthrob rumoured to get any woman he wants.

I must admit it was mighty entertaining to watch it unfold… 

Until I realised that the joke was on me. 

Well, I guess you'll be hearing from me in the next part. Buckle up, because the grand finale is about to get explosive.

 Buckle up, because the grand finale is about to get explosive

__________

Remember that Cherry's letters are written in the future, which means she's recalling the events that are currently happening or are about to happen in the story. This letter sets the tone for the upcoming ten chapters of the story.

If you have any theories, share them here! I love reading them.

Also, this is part one of a double update. The tomorrow's chapter will be longer than usual, so expect plenty of exciting stuff!

✨ Remember to support the story by voting. Click the little star below. It makes my day. Thank you! 👇⭐