Ep 1 pt 2: Coffee Stains

The school entrance is alive with students when Tori, Trina and I walk in. It's the Monday after the big showcase and Tori had spent the whole weekend ranting to me about how nervous she was to start at Hollywood Arts. And nothing I said was able to calm her down.

"See? It's just a highschool," Trina says.
"Uh, this is not just a high school," Tori stresses. "These kids are all artsy and creative and talented. And I'm just... normal."
"It's okay, there's nothing wrong with being average," Trina says.

"I don't know about artsy and creative," I say. "But you're definitely crazy talented. You wouldn't be here otherwise, Tori."

"Anyway, you're not alone," Trina says while ignoring my statement. "I got your back, and so does Bowie."
"Okay, so-" Tori is interrupted by a girl rushing over to her and talking about some guys named Eric. Apparently he got his hair straightened? I'm not sure how that would be exciting, but Trina certainly thought it was. Her and the girl rush off while screaming.

"I'm alone!" Tori says.
"Uh no you're not. I'm still right here, who do you have first?" I ask her.
"Uh Sikowitz, what about you?"
"Same, lets see if we can find someone to show us where his class is." AS we start to look around a girl with big red hair walks past.

"Hey, um, can you tell me--" Tori starts to ask her.
"Oh my god! You're Tori and Bowie, right?" The girl says.
"Uh-huh."
"Yeah, why?"
"You were so awesome in the big showcase."
"Awe, thanks."
"My name's cat."
"Like the animal?"
"Tori, you can't just ask people if they're named after animals."
"What's that supposed to mean?" Cat yells.
"Nothing, I, I love cats," Tri says in a panic.
"Me too, they're so cute." Cat turns and walks away leaving me with more questions than I started with.

"Something is off with that poor girl." Tori ignores my statement as she turns towards a guy walking through the door. He's carrying a puppet and looks to be in a rush.

"Hey, uh," Tori says but the guy just continues walking past.
"Hey dude," I say and grab onto his backpack.
"Hey, hello," he says. "Females? Yes."

"Can you tell us where Mr. Silowitz' classroom is?" Tori asks.
"Down the hall, swing a left at the water fountain, second door on your right," the puppet says.
"Thank you."
"See you around," I say. "Weirdo," I mutter under my breath as Tori and I begin to walk away.
"Whatever it takes, cupcakes," the puppet says. Tori and I both turn to look at him with our eyebrows scrunched together. With a shake of my head and a finger in the air I grab onto Tori to pull her away.

Tori and I set our bags down by two chairs when we make it to the classroom. Tori turns around without paying attention and bumps into a guy who's just walked in. He's on his phone and holding a cup of coffee that gets spilt all over them, and because of how close I am I get caught in the crossfire.

"Woah!" He calls out.
"Oh, my god."
"Tori! Come on I just got this dress and now it's gonna have this weird brown stain on it," I complain. In my defense, it's a really cute dress. It's a pale green slip with a daisy pattern and falls between my knees and ankles.

"Ah, it's cool." The guy says.
"Uh, yeah no dude. It is so not cool, the hell?" As I look up at the two of them I notice it's the guy I saw in the crowd of the big show case.
"No, here." I watch in amusement as Tori begins to rub on his chest in an attempt to get the coffee out. "I think it's coming out."
"You might be making it worse, actually."
"You're definitely making it worse, Tori. Stop." The door opens as the two of them lock eyes.

"Dude, why you rubbing my friend?" My cousin's voice sounds from the doorway.
"I just- I spilled coffee on-"
"Get away from him." I don't think she's noticed me standing there yet.
"Relax." The guy says.
"Yeah, cousin. Relax," I laugh as Jade's head snaps in my direction. I had taken a few steps away from Tori's little disaster and sat in a chair close by.