Ep 7 pt 2: Big Decisions

How do you tell your boyfriend you might have to move when he's just lost his job? The answer is you don't, and I have Tori to thank for that. And Melinda Murray for being a control freak. I told Stacy I'd have to think about it, but this could mean I don't keep the part.

"You need to fix this," I tell Tori. "And you need to do it fast." Without letting her reply I turn around and walk away. Due to the drama that happened on set I haven't been able to tell anyone about North Carolina. Which is proving to be a problem because I still haven't given Stacy an answer.

BowieWest
Grrr

Beck, Jade, and I walk up to the table Tori and Andre are sitting at. Andre is playing ominously on the keyboard in front of him.

"Can we sit somewhere else?" Jade asks once Andre has stopped.

"Nope," Beck answers as I take a seat across from Tori.

"Fine," Jade relents as she sits next to Tori. "We'll sit with the girl who can't keep her mouth shut and got you fired." Andre plays a couple of notes on the keyboard as I lean onto Bek's shoulder. I'm straddling the bench and facing him.

"Beck, I swear," Tori stutters. "If there was anything I could do to make it up to you, I would."

"I bet you would," Jade says and looks over at me. She has this look in her eyes that says she thinks I should be worried about Tori's words. Andre starts to play a funky clavinet tune in response causing us all to look over at him. He's got a grin on his face and I snicker at his attempt to diffuse the tension.

"You know," Jade says as Beck watches Andre in amusement. "If you really wanted to help, you wouldn't just sit there like a bag of doorknobs. You'd do something." Jade stands up and storms off.

"Where you going?" Beck calls after her.

"Anywhere else." Andre plays a few notes on his keyboard and Jade walks back over. "Okay. I'll open this..." She lifts the keyboard up and takes the batteries out. "And that's for you." The girl turns and stalks off again leaving us watching after her.

"Wha wha wha," Andre says, causing me to snort into Beck's shoulder.

"We better go hose her down," Beck says, grabbing our bags and pulling me up from the table.

"I'm so sorry," Tori says.

"Stop saying that," Beck laughs. I watch with narrowed eyes as he ruffles Tori's hair before smiling wide when he turns back towards me.

BowieWest
THANK YOU VEGA!!

Tori got Beck his job back, or should I say Crystal Waters did. I found them hugging in the hallway after class, and for some reason, it caused a weird feeling in my chest. Usually, I'm not one to worry, their friends after all, and friends can hug each other. Nut the call with Stacy lingers at the back of my head, and I know I would never ask Beck to wait for me. No matter how much it would hurt. Which is why I've sat him down in his RV.

"You okay, babe?" He asks, leaning forward to grab my hands and pull me between his legs. "You're shaking."

"I got a call the other day," I say. "From Stacy at Young Hollywood Management. She's supposed to be my manager while I'm filming and doing press."

"That's great, what'd she say?"

"She told me about where we'd be filming. And well..." I trail off.

"What? Where's filming going to be?"

"That's the thing.... They're filming in North Carolina."

"Oh."

"I have until Friday to give my final answer."

"You're gonna say yes, right?" Beck watches my face.

"You have to say yes," he says.

"But it's so far away. I mean it's literally on the other side of the country."

"This could be huge, Bowie. You have to take it."

"What about you? And Jade, and all our friends, and my family and-"

"We'll all be here when you get back," Beck says softly while taking my face. I can feel my eyes begin to burn.

"It won't be forever, just a few months," he says. With a shaky breath, I lean my forehead against his.

"What about us?"

"What do you mean?"
"I can't ask you to wait for me."

"You wouldn't be," he shakes his head. "I'd be doing it because I want to."

"But-"
"No buts," he hushes me. "I'll be here when you get back. But it's not like I can't visit sometimes."

"I can't ask you to do that, Beck," I say while trying to pull away. His arms catch me around the waist to stop me.

"You're not. But I'll still do it."
"Why?"

"Because we may have only known each other for a short time," he takes a deep breath. "But I love you."

"Wha-"

"I love you, and I'd wait a lifetime for you even if you never ask me to." I smile softly down at him with tears in my eyes.

"I love you too," I whisper softly as if there was anyone else who would hear. He grins and leans up to kiss me.

"So you'll call Stacy and tell her you'll do it?" He asks once we've pulled away from each other.

"If you're sure."
"I'll never stop you from pursuing your dream, Bowie."
"Okay, I'll call her later." he shakes his head in response and reaches into my back pocket. Pulling out my phone he places it into my hand.

"Do it now." With a shaky breath and I nod, I dial Stacy's number.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Stacy? This is Bowie West."
"Oh, hi Bowie! What can I do for you?"

"I just wanted to let you know that North Carolina sounds great, and I'd be happy to take the deal."

"Great! I'll let everyone on my end know and we'll be in touch with exact dates soon."

"That sounds great, thank you."

BowieWest
-is anxious and scared 😟

"So you're telling me you have to move to North Carolina?" Tori asks as the group sits at a picnic table. I had asked them all to be there today, so I could tell them the big news.

"Yeah, 'Once upon a song' is filming there, and since I'm the lead I kinda have to be there too," I say.

"When do you leave?" Andre asks.

"Three weeks from Friday," I say. "So like, three and a half weeks from now I think."

"Well, we'll just have to make the most of it, won't we?" Tori says. I smile at them as they all agree. Even Jade, who never agrees with anything Tori suggests is nodding her head.

"What do you have in mind?" I ask.

"You'll see," Tori says mysteriously.

!Lore speaks!
Whew! Sorry this is so
late guys! I've been
working with my mom
all day and hadn't had
the chance to finish
this until just now!
Hope you enjoy!