iv. a heist and a scheme

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

  As soon as Eva entered the dark and windowless room, she knew these weren't the kind of people she was used to seeing

As soon as Eva entered the dark and windowless room, she knew these weren't the kind of people she was used to seeing. Unlike the perfect, delicate staff at the white rose, these people were criminals. All sharp edges and juvenile.

Old wooden chairs sat in a circle around a table, 4 of them occupied by people all not much older than Eva was. Her eyes glanced over each of them in turn.

A small bronze skinned girl with long braided black hair sat in one chair, so still that Eva nearly missed her shining the blade of a dagger on her trousers. A young looking boy was sat at a table bent over a sketch pad, his face covered by curly red hair, nearly the same color as Eva's. A large man, seemingly the oldest of the group, sat knocked out and tied to a chair in prison garb, his blonde hair shaved close to his scalp, making Eva believe he was the Fjerdan Kaz had mentioned to her.

But it was one person in the room caught her off guard.

"Nina?" She questioned, recognizing her friend from the White Rose. The girl sat in between the tied up Fjerdan and the boy with the ruddy curls. At the sound of her name, Nina's head shot towards her friends voice.

"Eva what are you doing here?" Nina gasped, standing from her chair. The girls eyes roamed over Eva's face, no doubt taking in the bruise form her encounter in the ally.

Kaz intervened their conversation as he stepped into the small room. "Miss Balov is a member of our crew," he informed. Eva felt the smallest bit of relief that he had used her false name.

Nina shot a dark glare to Kaz, who now stood at the head of the table, a looming figure of shadow. "Why would you bring her into this Brekker?"

"I didn't force her to do anything Nina sweet, I only offered her a deal." Kaz smirked, tapping his cane at the heartrender. Nina's face was almost as red as the fake Kefta she wore during her work at the White Rose.

"Brekker you absolute-" Nina began, but Eva interrupted the vulgar curse she was about to spew.

"It's okay. I'm here on my own terms Nina, no one else's."