v. guns knives and bombs

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

  Eva wasn't the most punctual person, and yet she found herself on the docks early, waiting nervously for her and the crows to board the boat

Jesper paced anxiously back and forth on the dock, his fingers fiddling with his clothes and revolvers, unable to stand still. Wylan watched the sharpshooters' movement, Jespers nerves reflected back in his eyes.

Eva and Nina sat together on top of a crate, the heartrenders head leaning on the tailors shoulder. Eva's fingers twisted in her friends hair, creating small braids out of the brown strands. Nina continued to send looks toward Matthias, who made sure not to look in her direction, a sullen scowl set in his face.

Kaz had dressed them all in sailors clothes, so that they blended in on the docks. He had Eva do the smallest bit of tailoring to each of them, giving them all the rough lines and skin of sailors. He had told her he wanted no one to suspect their crew and that they needed to look inconspicuous. Those were the only words he had really spoken to her the whole time they prepared. It drove Eva insane.

He stood a few paces away from Eva and Nina, his usual suit ditched for a much less suspicious wool coat. He stood static, watching the ship they would be departing on. They were just waiting on Inej to arrive.

Eva's stomach rolled as she remembered what they were about to accomplish. The thought of breaking into the Ice Court hadn't seemed real until now. Not even after their hours of planning and preparing. Now, faced with the ship that would sail them across the sea, Eva felt she was staring down her fate.

"Inej isn't usually this late, Kaz." Jesper spoke up from where he had been pacing, his fingers fiddling with his guns in response to his feet being still.

Kaz just glanced out at sea, a scheme set on his face and a furrow between his brows. He had spoken no more than one word the whole time they had been on the docks. Soon, in response to Wylan asking when they would leave.