xi. lipstick stained wineglass

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

The White Island had a ballroom, and yet there was hardly any dancing

The White Island had a ballroom, and yet there was hardly any dancing. Men and women flit around the hall like colorfully dressed hummingbirds, eager to get noticed by any people of higher status. Music played from an unknown source but was mostly ignored as people formed a crowd around a certain person. Druskelle stood guard around the edges of the room, each one silent and still a stone.

For the wealthy folk, parties become less about having fun and instead turn into subconscious social competitions. No one had time for dancing when there are relationships to be built and money to be made.

Eva had a feeling Luda would do the same as the other people in the room, searching the cracks for any kind of power she could grab onto, so she joined the rest standing outside a large group. They all surrounded a figure Eva hardly care to know.

Several ladies sighed and fanned themselves heavily, sending alluring eyes to the others in the groups and trying to catch the higher-ups attention. Eva did the same as the others around her. Beating herself desperately with a fan, Eva looked around for anyone that might be of use for the information she needed.

She doubted a foreigner with low power would know anything about Yul-Bayur. That information must only be saved for the highest in power. And whoever was lucky enough to overhear the gossip.

That was when she spotted a finely dressed gentleman detach himself from the largest group on the floor and make his way across the floor, towards the flock she stood with. Smirking behind her fan, Eva grabbed a champagne glass and waited for the perfect moment to intervene.

She pulled herself out of the throng of desperates seeking attention, and wandered a few steps backwards. She counted to five and turned on her heel, colliding with a solid chest and tipping the wine forward as she fell back. Hands gripped her arms tightly and she heard the squeals of the people near her, all either moving to get out of her way or attempting to help. She glanced up to look at the man whom she had collided with. His bright blond hair was slicked back and he carried the strongest scent of cologne. A Fjerdan, she assumed by the looks of him, no doubt one of power from the reactions of the people around them.