Chapter 3

"Alright, Sméagol," Aaliyah said proudly, "you're a fast learner."

I smiled gleefully. "Sméagol is having fun, Precious."

Aaliyah giggled. "Good. I'm glad you're having fun. Yeah, these past few days have been fun, haven't they?"

"Oh, yes! So happy I am to finally makes a new friend."

"Awww, well, I'm happy to have you as my friend, too, Sméagol."

"So, what do we do today, Precious?"

"Well, I think it's time we get out of the house, and have some fun in public. I'm going to take you shopping for some new clothes."

I jumped up with excitement! "You mean I don't have to wears this loincloth anymore?!"

"Nope. You can wear what you want. We'll look at different kinds of clothes, and you pick out what's comfy for you."

I squeaked with joy.

Aaliyah giggled. "But, you can't really go out in just a loincloth, so I'll go get you some clothes to put on while we shop. Be right back." She jumped up, and hurried upstairs to pick some clothes for me. "Okay," she said as she came back carrying some strange-looking clothes. "This is a T-shirt, and these are shorts. I'll give you some privacy, so you can put them on. Just let me know if you need help."

"Alright," I said happily. "Thank you, Precious."

"You're welcome."

Aaliyah walked away as I began to put on my clothes. I pulled the T-shirt over my head, stepped into the shorts, and pulled them up over my loincloth. "Alright!" I called. "Sméagol is ready!"

"Okay," Aaliyah replied as she came back in with a pair of large shoes. "Now, put these on your feet, and we can go."

"Oh, shoes!" I said enthusiastically.

Aaliyah giggled.

I slipped my feet into them, and she showed me how to tie them.

"So, how do those clothes feel?"

"Alright," I said hesitantly.

"Well, let's go find you some clothes that feel better than alright."

I gleefully followed Aaliyah out to the car. She opened the door, and helped me in. She showed me what a seatbelt is, and explained its purpose as she showed me how to fasten it. Then, she climbed into the driver's seat, and fired up the engine.

I giggled.

"What's so funny?" she asked.

"It vibrates, Precious! It tickles!"

She laughed. "How about some music?"

"Oh, music! Sméagol hasn't heard music in so long!"

She laughed as she picked up her phone, and somehow made sound come out of the car doors.

"How did it do that?"

"BlueTooth. The car has speakers in the door, and my phone can get music to play out of them. Isn't that amazing?"

"Oh, yes!"

"Now, I just gotta find my playlist. Okay, start." She put her phone back down as beautiful music began playing from the speakers. Then, she slowly backed out of the driveway, and began to drive.