Chapter 12

I wonder why I couldn’t answer him that day. My gut feeling suddenly screamed at me telling me to stop being impulsive.

It was just weird in many ways. I mean, I don’t really care much about the concept of being friends with him. But I’m not really happy on the possibility of having a deeper relationship with him.

Who the hell on their right mind would want to have a relationship with someone who kidnapped and imprisoned them?

Thinking about it now, I should have agreed. I should have said something like ‘a friend don’t just imprison a friend randomly like that, let me out’.

“I’m here.” I sighed when he entered the gate.

I feel like I’m getting too used to the prison life. I might even open that gate for him someday.

“I don’t know what books you’d like so I brought a romance one.”

My face lit up when I saw him holding a couple of books. I was just getting bored on just drawing and scribbling on paper most of the time.

I feel like I’m being more pathetic here as time pass by.

Well, I'm a little happy that my sanity is still intact since I had improvements here. I can walk around the underground cell now to explore and I occasionally chat with my fellow prison mates, guards and Evan. Befriending him might not be as bad as it looks like.

I was about to read the first line of the book when I hurriedly closed it. That was close!

I need to properly read good books now so if I reincarnate soon, I’ll be in a good world and I'll have a lot of information. I definitely won’t read any books that have villain characters, who knows if I will be reincarnated as a villain in my next life.

“Why did you close it? If you don’t like it, I have a tragedy one here.”

“Why are you even reading a tragedy book? You should be careful when choosing or reading books.”

He looked at me as if I just said something weird, ridiculous and crazy but that was an advice from the bottom of my heart. It was very sincere!

“Don’t look at me like that Evan. I was giving a heartfelt and sincere advice. It might help you someday.”

I looked at the compiled books and judged which one is good based on the synopsis and title. I need to at least find a very sweet and cute love story. I kind of died single in my past life so I need to indulge myself in love stories.

“What did you just say?”

“It might help you someday?”

I continued on looking at the last pages of the book so I could see if it has a happy ending or not. Gotta spoil myself.

“Not that. The one before.”

I looked at him bewilderedly. “I don't remember anymore. You should have listened properly.”

I’m so focused here so how does he expect me to remember every single thing that I spout.

The corners of his lips lifted slightly. Like a kid smiling shyly. “You called me Evan.”

“What? What’s wrong with that? Do you want me to call you damned villain or stupid villain or something?”

He glared at me and mumbled something about why I keep on calling him a villain. It’s obvious enough that I call you that since you kidnapped and locked me here!

“Oh, I think I should call you a criminal instead.” I smiled brightly at him and I received a deadly glare.

***
Might update less since... I really need to watch the pre-recorded videos that I' ve been procrastinating for weeks already.

I'm also thinking of uploading a new story hehe. So watch out for that :3