Confidence and Manipulation

Annabeth shouldered her rucksack and bit her lip. She had felt very uncomfortable on the ride to school under her Dad's disapproving gaze, and now she was here she felt even more uncomfortable. Taking a calming breath, she strode through the school gates, trying to look confident.

Almost immediately she found Hazel and Calypso huddled against a wall around the side of the office. Ignoring all the looks she was getting for her outfit, she joined them.

"What's up?" she asked, shifting in her black flats. The two girls exchanged nervous looks.

"It's just" Calypso bit her lip. "I don't know if this is such a good idea anymore." All her confidence from their sleepover the other night had vanished. "If this is how the students look at us now how are the teachers going to look at us?" She had changed back into her normal dress. "Sorry girls I just can't do it!"

"Yeah and what about my parents?" Hazel worried. "I don't think they'll be impressed with my outfit, to say the least."

Annabeth sighed and leaned against the wall with them. "I know girls. But shouldn't we try it just for Piper? At least one day."

They grumbled their assent as the aforementioned girl walked towards them, confidence in her step. But she didn't only get stares like the others, but there were wolf whistles and cat calls coming her way.

"Morning ladies" she smiled breezily. "I have the belts." She pulled out three pink belts to match her own, all inscribed with the 'Pink Ladies'. "I spent all weekend whipping these up so put them on." She frowned as the girls all just stared at her. "What?"

"Really Piper?" Calypso gaped. "How the hell did you just do that?"

Piper shrugged. "Well girls you have to believe you're a rebel to be a rebel. Act like you're that person even if you're not."

"Deep" Annabeth smirked.

Piper rolled her eyes and gave her friend a playful punch. "Shut up. Now come on let's put those belts on and get to class."

—-

They ended up being five minutes late to Biology - 'start a reputation' as Piper put it. Annabeth, however, wasn't warming up to the idea and neither was their teacher, Miss Juno. She gave them all the evils when they walked in and insisted that because they were late they could help her dissect a cow's heart.

So Annabeth found herself scrubbing her hands raw with the others in the bathrooms before full out running to make it in time for Chemistry.

Once they arrived, Piper and herself took their usual seats.

"So any ideas on how to charm Grace?" Piper hissed in her ear.

Annabeth eyed her warily. "You're not going to ruin another class for me are you?"

"Of course not" She lowered her voice slightly as Mr Mercury walked in. "I just want to y'know, flirt a little."

"Just be yourself that's all I'd say." Annabeth looked forward as the teacher faced them.

"Hello class!" He gave them a scarily big grin. "We're mixing chemicals today which means lots of fun! And safety" he added as an afterthought. "Yeah get your glasses on and pair up. And to mix it up you have to be boy girl! Ok go."

Piper immediately scrambled to her feet and almost sprinted in her haste to get to Jason's table. Annabeth watched amused as the blondes jaw dropped like he couldn't believe Piper McLean was talking to him.

Then she saw Piper talk to his dark haired companion and gesture in Annabeth's direction. She went into panic mode as Piper, Jason and her crush walked towards her.

"Hey" Percy Jackson gave her a side smile. "Want to be my partner? We figured we'd all work together but might as well go through the formalities." He winked. "And nice outfit."

"Uh" Annabeth couldn't believe her ears. "Yeah, I mean yeah. And thanks?"

She got up to join Percy in a daze and saw the sly side look Piper gave her.

Dam that girl was quick.

I swear I'm addicted to updating this story. I'm just loving writing it! Hope you love reading it :) Also I'm going to write it all in Annabeth's POV if you haven't noticed already.

QOTC: Who's your favourite Percy Jackson character/s? Mine are Percy and Piper.

Catch you later

H E R E  C O M E S  T H E  S U N 

(sophie)