Don't Feel Like Dancing

"What do you think you are doing?!" Piper screeched and barreled at Annabeth, tackling her to the floor. "Give me that!" She wrenched the iron from her grip and flung it across the room.

Hazel and Calypso, used to seeing the calm composed side of Piper stand there wide eyed.

"Much better" Piper flopped got up and brushed herself off, mission accomplished.

Annabeth scowled at her. "What is your problem?"

"I am not letting you ruin your beautiful curls! Most girls would kill to have those." Piper patted her best friends head, grinning. "Now go get changed quick! You're going to blow Percy's mind."

--

Annabeth was the last out of the dressing room, aka Piper's bedroom. She turned down the hallway and went to descend the stairs.

Then she saw Percy, dressed up in a suit with a blue tie. He was itching his neck and shuffling his feet. He looked so handsome. And when he saw her his eyes lit up and he smiled like she was the only one in the room.

She made her way down the stairs, trying not to stumble in her heels with her full skirt navy blue dress. Her hair was left out natural.

Percy fingered her curls and smiled. "You look amazing Wise Girl."

"Same to you Seaweed Brain."

"Wow a compliment!"

"Don't get cocky." She gave him a playful shove and headed out into the night. Jason and Piper were already cuddled up in the back of the chrysler. They couldn't keep their eyes off each other. Piper wore a white dress with her hair piled up in a intricate braid and Jason suited up well.

"Ready to dance, lovebirds?" Percy called out as he swung into the drivers seat. Annabeth sunk into the passenger.

"Oh yeah we're going to waste up Jackson" Jason said assuredly.

"Don't get so cocky Grace."

"Percy, I can't dance remember?" Annabeth hissed, giving her boyfriend a wide eyed panicked look.

Percy patted her knee. "Trust me, I know what I'm doing." She shook her head and leaned back in her seat.

--

Once there the strode in as a four, all eyes turning to them. Annabeth still wasn't used to the attention, so she hurried over to where Frank and Hazel sat on the side. Hazel wore a gorgeous red dress.

"You guys going to dance?" she asked them.

Hazel sighed wistfully but looked at Frank. "Probably not..."

Annabeth's grey eyes widened with understanding. "It's alright Frank, I can't dance either. Tell you what Hazel, go dance with Percy and I'll keep your boyfriend company."

"For real?" She beamed. "Thank you!" Hazel pecked Frank's cheek before walking off with a skip in her step.

Annabeth slipped into the unoccupied seat as the microphone crackled and a man in flash clothes and slicked back blonde hair strode on stage. Many girls squealed as they realised who it was - Apollo the hunk TV presenter. He winked.

"Alright guys and gals as you all know this is the first year Rydell High is starring in the popular tv show National Bandstand!" The crowd cheered. "So grab a partner when the music starts and dance! We will be eliminating couples one by one as the night goes on. The winners will have a spotlight dance! Oh and did I mention this is all going to be on live tv?" More cheers erupted. "We'll be going live in five."

Annabeth smiled and started chatting to Frank. She hadn't talked to him much before but he was a really sweet guy and seemed to adore Hazel. Also, he was modest which was hard to find with boys these days.

Then the music started up and they turned their attention to the throng of dancers. Among them were Percy and Hazel, and Jason and Piper. Both pairs were strong dancers.

There were others Annabeth recognised, like Clarisse and Chris and Silena and Charlie. Clarisse and Chris were mostly stomping around, while Silena and Charlie were slow dancing and gazing into each others eyes. She laughed at how different the couples were.

Then Conner and Travis ran forward and mooned to the cameras. As they were pulled away by security Travis turned to the camera, blew a kiss and shouted; "That was for you Katie!" Annabeth had to laugh.

Slowly people were cut out until it was only Percy, Hazel, Jason and Piper left dancing. Percy and Hazel looked amazing together, doing special twists and turns. However Piper and Jason were a little more relaxed and as she watched Jason picked Piper up and put her over his shoulder, spinning in circles. He made a pouty face as Apollo gave them the thumbs down.

Annabeth cheered as Percy and Hazel bowed. Then she felt as if the world was in slow motion as Percy broke off and came towards her. He took her by the hand and pulled her back onto the dancefloor where he held her close.

"Percy!" she hissed. "I can't dance."

"Don't worry" he assured her. "I've got you."

They gazed into each others eyes as they danced long after the song had finished.

I updated!

Guys I tried to add in as many people you mentioned last chapter so I hope you liked it!

QOTC: If you were at Rydell, would you be a jock or a rebel or a nerd? I think I'd be a jock/nerd to be honest :)

Comment and vote!

H E R E C O M E S T H E S U N

(sophie)