5. Body Electric

I hadn't spoken to August in nearly a week. He hadn't called or texted me. I even dropped by his house unannounced worried, and he wasn't there.

I felt like a fool. I was ashamed of what we had done, that I didn't even tell anybody about it.

I hated him all over again, or rather hated the fact that I was in starting to be in love with him. There was a storm due to to roll through this evening and I genuinely wondered if he was okay. Why he hadn't called me and wondering if I said the wrong thing.

I tried to forget about it, as I huddled up in bed watching Money Heist.

It had already started raining when I heard the door bell ring. I removed the covers from over my legs, sliding on my house shoes, heading down the stairs.

I looked through the peep hole,  resting my forehead on the door  before pulling it open.

Before I could even speak. "I ended it Banx. I told her. " He said dripping in the rain.

I stared at him for a few seconds and he just stared back at me.

"I haven't seen or heard from you in days August and you pop at at my house and don't even greet me." I said.

"I couldn't face you after how you left my apartment, you were right. " He said wiping the rain off of his arms and face.

"Come inside." I said quickly, putting down my glass of wine on the foyer table, heading in the closet for a towel.

"Here, you're gonna get sick if you don't dry off. "

He threw the towel out of my hand unto the ground, holding my face. "Did you hear what I said Banx?"

"My ears aren't broken August." I said walking away from him heading for the stairs. "Take off your clothes you're gonna make my whole floor wet."

"Come here." He said pulling me back into him, kissing me hard. His cold wet body against mind, causing me to squirm.

"No.." I said said pushing him back. "I haven't heard from you in a whole week, I was worried sick about you. What the fuck is wrong with you? You're so full of emotions, you can't use them right." I panted holding unto the bottom of the stairwell looking at him.

"I didn't know what to say to you until I talked to her."

"Oh my God you did it over the phone." I said ashamed, holding my forehead.

"Why do you care how I did it. I did what you asked of me and now I'm here."

I scoffed. "Why do you make everything so simple. Of course I care. If it was me I would have wanted you to have the decency to tell me to my face."

"You don't know what it's like Banx, to  love somebody you know you may never be good enough for. To dream about somebody day and night and sleep with other people trying to fill that void." He said, frustrated.

"You act as if loving me is unbearable like if you can't have me you will shrivel up and die." I said angrily.

"That's how the fuck I feel actually. All the amazing things that happens to me you the first person I wanted to call and I didn't have your number. Like nothing even matters." He responded.

"Don't make this about me August. You came all the way here and in less than a week were entangled again. I already felt so disappointed with myself that we slept together not even only once we had sex all over your apartment until 4 in the morning. I thought about that and I felt so ashamed like I have great self control until it comes to you. You control me. It's like I lose brain cells and have no restraint when it comes to loving you. You own me." I said on the brink of tears.