3. Sinner in Me

Excuse Errors!

"I'm not gonna bite you Banx, come on." August chuckled, dropping down his keys on the kitchen counter taking off his jacket and throwing it unto the back of the chair.

"You always did that." I smiled shaking my head low key annoyed. "What's the point of the coat rack if you're not going to use it?" I asked tilted my head to the side, as I rested the takeout on the counter as well.

"I'm gonna use it, just not right now." He laughed, reaching out his hand for mine pulling me further inside his loft style condo. 

"Come on." He encouraged as I took my purse from over my shoulder. 

"So what do you think. You feeling it?" 

"It's amazing. It almost feels like they just finished it, seems so new and modern. I love it for you-it's definitely your style." I replied, taking off my shoes as we approached his shag rug.

"You see the windows, you know I love them big windows. We used to talk about that all the time back home. Be like when we get our house, gotta have big windows to wake up to the sun." He said, looking out at the city.

"And come back and home in time to see it set." I mumbled. "Yeah, we really used to say that so often." I rubbed my neck walking around his place. 

"So what you think I'm missing? I got some boxes here, with kitchen stuff imma hardly use that." He said frankly.

"When last have you made yourself something to eat August, you used to always go all day without, eating then pig out in the studio at night. " I shook my head.

"Yeah and I used to wake up with mad gas." He laughed, taking off his shirt.

"Yeah don't remind me." I said as I slightly glanced over at his back and noticed how many more tattoos he had gotten, but decided against commenting.

"Let me find us some plates." He said, looking through the box.

 "Oh my God, your photobook. You kept this! This is so old." I squealed, excitedly flipping through the pages. 

"Of course. You said that like people willingly chuck all their memories in the garbage Banx." He smirked.

"They do, well when they're upset." I shrugged, skimming through the photos.

"Your sister is so gorgeous, how old is she now?" I asked, holding the plate he handed me heading over to the counter.

"All grown up, bout to be 16." He said almost repulsively.

"Wow, time flies. I was just helping her put her hair in ponytails a couple years ago." 

"You're wearing that same jersey you had on tonight in this picture. Look at my dress, what was I thinking!" I laughed shamefully.

"I love that picture, its crazy how the things women hate or trip over men remember and cherish. That's my favorite picture of us." He said smoothly, looking up at me.

"This feels so foreign to me August, I honestly never thought we'd see each other amicably. Or even be able to have a conversation."

He smiled walking behind me. "I know my delivery when you left wasn't the best and I feel fucked up about that everyday. I let you go too easy Banx. I was young and fucking stupid. Immature.." He said momentarily, and I turned and faced him.

"I maybe deserved it, just a little bit." I said holding my fingers an inch apart.

He chuckled licking his lips, gazing at me. "I feel like you were right , I know you were right about everything you said but I didn't wanna hear it because then I'd have to admit that I wanted you to be an underachiever for once and sacrifice something for me Banx." He said leaning against the stairwell.