Trouble

Author's Pov:

Ananya along with Rema and other members of the family was standing outside the mansion to send Rudra off to America. He was loading his suitcase onto the back seat of the car. "Let me help sir" driver Damodar offered his help which Rudra rejected politely.

"Did you take your ticket and passport?" Rema asked to which he nodded in response.

"Call me when you reach the company," Mr. Vignedh said in his usual stern and firm voice.

"Okay, don't worry papa" he replied,

"And you should call your wife once you land there safely okay?" Subadra grandma ordered, her voice holding familiar authority

Rudra was speechless for a moment, he doesn't want to argue or disobey his grandma but at the same time, he doesn't know how to approach Ananya. After everything, that happened yesterday he doesn't know where their relationship is standing.

Should I call her? Or should I ignore her and gave her a cold shoulder? I don't know. But I certainly don't want to hurt her anymore I think I already had done it enough. What if she already hates me? If she hates me will she be angry if I called her? Even if I called her it will be awkward especially after I ignored her all this time.

Several thoughts swirled inside him, nonetheless, he nodded stiffly. His eyes spontaneously landed on the familiar curvy beautiful woman who was standing beside his mother. Upon feeling his burning gaze on her she looked up at him. Her eyes twinkled with hope and sadness.

Something stirred inside him when he saw the sadness in her eyes. A familiar warmth spread in his heart, and a wave of protectiveness hit him. "I will" those words slipped out from his lips involuntarily. Ananya's eyes widened in shock, she thought he will not agree with her.

Maybe he's just lying. I shouldn't raise my hope
Ananya thought to herself.

After bidding Goodbye to everyone he finally got inside the car and drove off. Ananya's eyes followed the car until he disappeared from her vision. Her heart sank to the bottom, and that's when it finally hit her.

'He left, he left me. Will he ever going to come back to me?' Ananya's eyes teared up at the thought of being abandoned by her husband. But she pushed down the urge to cry. Her mother-in-law sensed her sadness and gently stroked her hair.

They were about to walk back to the house when another car pulled off in front of their gate. "Did Rudra come back? Did he forget something?" Rema asked curiously.

"Oh God oh no" Adithya gasped, his face contorted with grimace and fear.

" what is it adi? What happened?" Mr. Vignesh inquired worriedly.

"Oh, that's dada's (paternal grandfather's) car" Adithya let out, and everyone gasped except Ananya. She had no idea who is dada or what was wrong with him.

"Amma who is dada?" She asked Rema.

"He's Rudra's parental grandfather, Jagadish and he's bad news trust me, you should stay away from him and do not take anything he will say to your heart" Rema warned her,

Ananya was shocked by the seriousness of her voice, and what she just said. If he's Rudra's grandfather then why everyone seems to hate and fear him? Ananya's eyes involuntarily went to Subadra grandma. She was staring at the car in rage but she quickly covered it with indifference and stared at the car for a while before she retreated to the mansion.

"Let him in" Mr. Vignesh barked orders at the security guards and they did as he told. Shortly a black Mercedes-Benz pulled up in front of them. Soon a man emerged from the car wearing a long white kurta with fitted pants. He was around the age of early 60s and his face screamed royalty whilst his eyes were devoid of mercy. Ananya could feel the aura of hatred and rudeness coming off him.