Long Distance

Unedited Chapter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ananya, hello!! Where are you? Are you present in this world?" Renuka waved her hand in front of Ananya's face. She jumped in shock and stare at her bewildered.

"What? WHAT HAPPENED?" she panicked and looked at Renuka and Pranav. They had a bored expressions on their face.

"We were talking to you but you were not present in this world? Already missing your husband?" Renuka teased, wiggling her brows. Ananya blushed and looked away. "Anyways, did your husband call you?" She asked.

Her shoulders slumped and sat there with a pout. She shook her head no.

"What? It's been nearly two weeks since he left and he didn't even call you once? What kind of husband he is?" Pranav complains, huffing in anger.

"Pranav trusts me he is not a bad person and I won't say he is the flawless human being either...well, maybe physically he is.."  She gasped when she realized what she had just said, her cheeks turned crimson red.

Renuka breaks into a fit of laughter whilst Ananya turned redder even if that is possible. Pranav clenched tightly onto the cup of tea he was holding and stood up making Renuka stop laughing.

"You just sit here like an idiot and try to justify all your husband's doing but I just hope that you won't come to us crying after he broke your heart," he asserted, his voice held anger and frustration.

Renuka stares at his retreating figure with knitting brows. 'Why he is getting riled up for nothing? Did he perhaps have a crush on Ananya?' She gasped in realization and look at Ananya who was already in another world.

Ananya's mind was already in turmoil, all her insecurities raised their head at his words. She felt a pang in her heart. 'What if he falls in love with her?' Her heart tightens painfully at that thought.

"Ananya? What are you waiting for call him!! Wait what is the time now" she asked, "it's 5:30" She replied. "Oh, then it's 8 in the morning there he must be awake now so call him" she insisted, without any choice, Ananya decided to call him. It's not like she doesn't want to call him. She was missing him and was desperate to hear his husky voice.

After getting his new number from PA she called him. He didn't answer her call initially but Renuka kept on Insisting to try again. On the second ring, he attended the call only to snap at her.

"Why the f*ck are you disturbing me? Did anyone die? Even if anyone did, do not call me okay? You have Surya's number for that" just like he disconnected the call.

Ananya's lips quivered and tears welled up in her eyes. "I shouldn't have called him. He asked for some time. I always ruin everything " she whimpered and sniffled slightly.

'I'm sorry it was me who forced you to call him. But I think he was stressed that's why he burst out so don't think too much. And never call him again okay? If he called you back don't answer his call right away give him the silent treatment and play hard to get"  she advised and Ananya nodded half-heartedly.

'As if he's going to call me. He is probably busy admiring Anjali. I knew I shouldn't have raised my hope'

'Oh, Ananya don't be so overdramatic!! He's a busy businessman he must be stressed, you already knew how he acts when he is stressed' "but that doesn't give him the right to treat me like trash"

There was a battle between her irrational and rational self. A feeling of anguish so great that it threatened to engulf her. She bit her lip while staring at her phone before making the decision.

'I'm not going to call you Mr. Rudra Kapoor again!!'

Time Skip
Renuka rolled her eyes at Ananya who was staring at the phone while chewing her lips. "Ananya stop staring at that phone as if your husband gonna emerge from that thing" she scolded her making her pout.