✘𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍✘

-ESCAPE-

IT HAD BEEN FIVE YEARS, just like you said it would be

In the same position where you first planned out your escape, wearing the same empty gaze and hospital gown, you sat staring at the exit to the office. The metal door stared back at you like it had always been. But this time, as you gazed into its silvery reflection, it wasn't a reminder of your captivity, but of your freedom. That thick block that stood on proud hinges was now seconds away from opening.

Years of wait, years of trial and error, years of craving the taste of freedom had all accumulated to this very moment. You pursed you lips together, inhaling a sharp intake of air. It was cold, cold enough for you to fold your arms together and rub them tightly, but that didn't bother you as much as it used to. Soon you'd feel the warmth of sunlight.

You just couldn't wrap your head around it- five whole years. Heck, even more if you counted your first years of being sold off. So much had changed about you that it felt odd sitting where you were. You were no longer the same optimistic girl; you had grown to hate everything. Be it from the adults that bossed you around, to the mere thought of helping others. You were sick of 'helping' and you were sick of using your jutsu. You desired family, and you now developed a form of self-hatred.

It wasn't the most ideal character development. In fact you were positive that it stunted your growth in a way. Your social skills, way of communication- even your combat skills were highly underdeveloped or rusty at this age. It wasn't always like that of course, in your village you were the loudest, proudest little gremlin out there. But that voice of yours had soon faded overtime, leaving behind a husk of what you used to be. It was all thanks to this hell-hole of an organisation.

Suddenly, the sound of rattling metal pulled you from your thoughts. The door was being unlocked- it's gears turning until snapping off it's frame, eventually allowing for it to be swung open by a simple push. You squinted your eyes as fresh light poured in the room. You never liked the sudden stinging that accompanied foreign light sources but you were too focused on who was at the door to care this time.

"The airship is about to depart, I suggest you hurry." A grumpy voice spoke out amidst the blinding light. They were cast under a silhouette, but you didn't need to see their face to know who it was- all that you needed was their height and signature walking cane. That alone made you confident enough to rise from your bed and walk forward.

"Understood, I'll see you soon." Out of all the members in Kara, Victor was the last person someone expected to help you escape. After all, he needed your chakra the most. He wasn't the nicest of people either, especially when you would take a trip to his laboratory in the land of Valleys and yet here he was, hand on his usual crutch with a jeering look in his sour eyes. He was helping you escape.