✘𝐎𝐁𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃✘

-RESEARCH-

SUMIRE WATCHED YOU FROM HER MONITOR SCREEN, her eyes fixated on the gradual intakes of air you took from the oxygen pump

SUMIRE WATCHED YOU FROM HER MONITOR SCREEN, her eyes fixated on the gradual intakes of air you took from the oxygen pump. Your breaths were fragile; clearly showing your struggle with being unconscious— something that you should have awakened from long ago if it wasn't for your dire state.

You were... unique, that's the best way Sumire could describe you. Unique in the way that your body was so, so delicate yet seeping with chakra. From the way your chakra points swelled with untamed energy, to the way your body looked too malnourished to even house that much power; It was odd. And Sumire dealt with oddities almost every day. That was her job— she was a student training to be a researcher in all things technological. That's as odd and wacky as things can get, right?

The girl tapped a finger on her metallic desk. The tense silence of her office was broken by the soft rumbling of machinery, and she hummed in fascination along with it. The monitor to her computer was split into two, with one side showing Kawaki— the boy they recently managed to capture— and you, the mysterious girl who accompanied him.

Both of you were marvellous works of science. Kawaki was a living, breathing scientific ninja tool with a karma mark etched into his palm. (Well, that's what Konohamaru senseis report said they were called.) Her and her team weren't sure what the marks were exactly, but they made slow progress to understand them better. All Sumire knew so far was that Boruto shared the same mark, and that the power hinged on that thing was unstable.

You on the other hand, were proven to be a complete revelation. An almost infinite supply of chakra pumped through your veins—chakra men would kill to have. Granted, infinite was quite the exaggeration but for someone as frail and malnourished as you, it seemed almost impossible for you to house that much power. But you did, even if the concept seemed too illogical in her mind. So the purple haired girl let out a sigh.

Something told Sumire that things were about to get reaaal messy. With every advancement in science, peace was slowly but surely being threatened. It was only a matter of time her team found out a ground-breaking discovery about the Karma mark which sent the world into panic.

But before she could delve into the endless possibilities of Earth falling apart, the sound of footsteps snapped the girl out of her thoughts. Voices accompanied them, and soon she was met with the door to her office sliding open.

"Yo! How's things going Sumire?" Boruto emerged from the doorway with his hands behind his head, relaxed. Beside him were his two teammates, Mitsuki and Sarada who both shared their greetings to the girl. It had been a while since they all got together; ever since Sumire decided to leave the academy to peruse her studies in ninja technology, the genins lost touch. But thanks to this incident, the group were reunited once more. They all had a common mission; to find out what was up with these two mystery people.