✘𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒✘

-SAVED...?-

THE FIRST THING YOU SAW when you woke up was white

THE FIRST THING YOU SAW when you woke up was white. Pure, unsaturated white light that poured into your vision. It hurt to stare at it for too long, the hue of it being all too familiar to a hospitals jarring one.

The second thing that you saw was the outline of tiles on the ceiling. An odd shade of grey, they were. A bit chapped, really— of course. What other colour could they be? Purple? In a run-down organisation? As if.

Wait

...Were you with the organisation?

That was when a feeling akin to an ache throbbed in your heart as you threw yourself up-right. That's right, the escape plan!

You scanned your surroundings with haste, eyes darting every which way. Had it worked? Were you free? The last thing you remembered was being in the airship with kawaki...

"Ugh..." a sudden gnaw of pain entered the side of your skull, and you felt a guttural groan make its way past your throat. Everything, not only your cuffs, felt heavy to you, and there was an awful pounding in your head. Any coherent thought of yours seemed to enter your head and spill out your ear— too drowned out by pain for you to render properly.

But no matter how predominate your pain was, nothing could distract you from the faint smell of smoke that lingered in the air, along with newer...fresher smells.

You turned your head to the side wearily and found that the source of the smell was a small pot of flowers by your bedside. At first you couldn't believe your eyes. Flowers!? You're near flowers...flowers. You couldn't remember the last time you saw proper flowers. When you were five maybe? And by god, they were just as beautiful as you imagined them to be; a fluorescent shade of yellow, filled with life despite their cut roots.

If it wasn't for the fact that you were in a completely alien environment, you would've scooped the delicate thing with your fingers and observed it as though it were the most fragile object in the world. But your attention was drawn elsewhere. The room you were trapped in— and these goddamn cuffs.

Clearly your plan failed. The more you soaked in the environment around you, the more that became clear. You were without a doubt in some kind of hospital or research area of sorts. There was that vaguely familiar chemical scent, and the classic metal bed with silk white sheets. The usual heart monitor and oxygen tank was also there too, and the plastic lining for the mask. The machinery rumbled lowly as it pumped air through your lungs—typical.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Your teeth clenched together with a strength you weren't aware was present.

You were just so...sick of this. How many years did you spend cocooned in a disgusting organisation, locked behind keys and bolts only for you to fall into the arms of yet another organisation? That's if this wasn't Kara (they weren't so generous with decorations and hospitality) but at this point, you didn't think it mattered. You were trapped, no matter how you looked at it.